SAU Community

S A U N S W - Texi, Sos, 15Th July 2012

N1GTR

Arrrgh! Damn printer wont work so i cant fill in the form just yet, can i just make payment to secure a spot??

Also, dumb question for you, with the Fire Extinguisher will the SCA $30 do? And if its mounted off a plate behind the passanger seat or something does that count? I dont really want it in plain sight as the whole build on my car revolves around looking stock....

Fire extinguisher:

This is the trickiest bit, due to installation.

$30 from Autobarn (or similar). There's some threads around where people have mounted their extinguisher under the back seat; Chubbs posted one ages ago, but I'm having trouble finding the link at the moment. Anyone who'd like to post it, it would be appreciated.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I can make a PDF with a form in it if that helps? That way you can fill it in and save it (hopefully). Oh wait, yeah, gotta print to sign, my bad.

As for mounting the extinguisher: By "under" the back seat I kinda mean in the rear footwell... kinda. Will try and photochop what I mean!

oh i found something. if you buy an extinguisher with a bracket, then mount it to this bolt:

ijt0L.jpg

it's the bolt that helps hold the bottom of the rear seat down.

that's what i've done; with the passenger seat back, you can barely see it.

Yep, thats brilliant.... I was trying to work out off the seat bolts or something, completely forgot about that one!!! Will go buy one this arvo :D

As for the forms, i have a printer guy coming to sort it out for me tomorrow..... JUST make sure i have a spot :woot:

just make sure the extinguisher has a metal bracket not plastic..

drill out the hole if need be and just leave it there forever like most of us have.

Send me the money now as it will take a day or 2 to clear into the account.. dont worry you will be safe for a spot there are only 3 of us atm

just make sure the extinguisher has a metal bracket not plastic..

drill out the hole if need be and just leave it there forever like most of us have.

Send me the money now as it will take a day or 2 to clear into the account.. dont worry you will be safe for a spot there are only 3 of us atm

No worries.... The rear seats are never used so it's all good.... Money and forms will be in first thing tomorrow :D I want spot 13!!! Lol

yeah you! get ur fancy city living butt to texi!

hah! hope you're talking about benji, I'm a westie 4 lyf brah

you running this one or steve-o?

I should be right to volunteer for this one again, just gotta make sure closer to the event.

I'd compete but I have a slightly buckled rim (tyre shop balanced it out but get wheel shudder when i brake at high speed) & don't have time to get it fixed until I go on holidays :laugh:

No worries.... The rear seats are never used so it's all good.... Money and forms will be in first thing tomorrow :D I want spot 13!!! Lol

no one even notices mine dude, and i got some tall friends that sometimes squeeze back there! its pretty cool looking too ;)

oh yeah, im a racer, i race :yes:

realy need to find motivation to fill out form soon >.<!

EDIT

just found motivation, forms emailed, payment paid.

hah! hope you're talking about benji, I'm a westie 4 lyf brah

you running this one or steve-o?

I should be right to volunteer for this one again, just gotta make sure closer to the event.

I'd compete but I have a slightly buckled rim (tyre shop balanced it out but get wheel shudder when i brake at high speed) & don't have time to get it fixed until I go on holidays :laugh:

work or live in the city, I was close enough. We dont get upto high speeds at texi remember :P no excuses!

Will be good to have you there as its been close to another year since ive seen you.

Steveo will be the map god like always.

no one even notices mine dude, and i got some tall friends that sometimes squeeze back there! its pretty cool looking too ;)

EDIT

got it bich

work or live in the city, I was close enough. We dont get upto high speeds at texi remember :P no excuses!

ya I know, but it's too much fun to wreck tyres at these things!

IMG_1991.jpg

I should be right to come along & volunteer :)

YOU F**KER

:P

EDIT

Hahaha well Racer boy, i just found the motivation too ;)

Ummm Dave, you'll see what i mean about the printer when you get the thing i printed this morning, fuser units and toner replaced and it still looks like someone threw up on it :glare:

The only thing that is holding me back from this event is the need to have a fire extinguisher. Installation + Cost of the fire extinguisher would probably end up being $100.00 (allowing 30 for the item, and 70 for installation).

Edited by BakemonoRicer

The only thing that is holding me back from this event is the need to have a fire extinguisher. Installation + Cost of the fire extinguisher would probably end up being $100.00 (allowing 30 for the item, and 70 for installation).

:rofl2:

That is all...

:laugh:

installation = 0

seriously, get the $30 extinguisher with the metal bracket, and mount it on the bolt I posted the pic of above. Undo bolt, put bolt through bracket, screw down. Clip extinguisher in, done.

This weekend I'll take photos of mine (putting reminder in phone)

Payment "could" take up too 3 days to clear, did you email or fax the forms?

Dave may have received the email but could be waiting on payment to clear before he updates the entrants list.