SAU Community

Undercar Leds

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone knew the best place to get undercar LEDs? Apparently I need custom ones made up for the back and the front (sides are fine) because of the way the exhaust runs and because the K-Bar is too low.

I heard Jaycar has these LED strips you can cut to length that are made for undercars. Haven't been to check them out yet though.

I'm after preferrably the 1000 colour LEDs, if not then just white as I have a Black and White them going with my car.

Let us know. Cheers :turned:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaycars set is about $60 and comes with 4 strips (2 around 1.2m long, 2 around 800cm long) of rubber encased RGB LED's. Completely weatherproof, waterproof, etc. The RGB globes come with 8 different pre programmed modes, and 7 different colours. (Red, green, blue, white [red/green/blue], cyan [green/blue], purple [red/blue], yellow [red/green])

1st mode: Cycles quickly though the solid red/green/blue

2nd mode: Cycles quickly though cyan/yellow/purple

3rd mode: Fades in an out slowly (nice smooth transitions) between all the colours.

4th mode: Flashing white

5/6/7/8th mode (respectively): Solid white/red/green/blue

Comes with a small control box which is easily hidden. On the fronts I just cable tied to the plastic underneath the engine bay, rear I double sided taped to the fuel tank, then used silicone to fill the gap up. There is a grommet in the boot somewhere you can push the wires through and run into the car. I just tapped into a constant positive power source inside the fuze box (so I didn't have to run an inline fuze) and draws about 300mA on idle, nothing to be worried about if you drive your car daily, but if it is a weekend car I would go into an accessories power source.

Obviously the other LED strips are the solid whites, I haven't seen any 1000 colour leds around ever.

PS. Haters gonna hate.

Edited by voncina

I just bought two sets off ebay, 5m reel, waterproof, cutable every 3cms i think it is, can rejoin by simply soldering them with wires and putting some silicone or some sorta weather shielding around it, has a remote with a shitload of colours and flash settings etc

cost me around $30 i think it was

ended up putting one set around a big canvas for my sisters room via a AC/DC converter

still have one set sitting here but cbf putting them in the car

looks like this

post-67206-0-60107100-1339816279_thumb.jpg

I know some people say dont trust ebay stuff but they have been in my sisters room for afew months now used every night and no problems

Would not do it lol.

Bought some when i was a red p plater , got home and looked at them and thought what the f*k did i just do,

Still today they sit underneath my bed in the box.

I don't see why there is so much hate. I rarely turn them on, you can't see them if I don't. It's mainly just for people who don't know about imports who are like "OH IT'S LIKE THE ONE IN FAST AND FURIOUS!"

542461_413211062038625_742368678_n.jpg

That is an old photo of mine.

LET THE HATING.. BEGIN!!

Edited by voncina

haha LOLZ. Nice smart car haha :domokun: FR34K... I've totally seen that car driving around. haha. anyway each to their own cos HATERZ GUNNA HATE =] I've always had a soft spot for them I don't reckon they look that bad. I reckon some people's bodykits look shit but I don't go whinging to them how they should change to this bar or that. So you all can shut ya gobs. :yucky: Don't get me wrong fellas. I love each and eeveryone of you. And ladies. Excuse me. Where are my manners? Sometimes my chivalry goes astray, much like a commodore with big chromies. haha anyway I know about imports. I just like the look of them as stated. Don't care if you don't. Not your car. Also there's a magical invention called a switch where I can turn them off :D Technology... Amazing these days hey? :P @Al Despo - (who's real name is also Alex) I knew this was coming. haha. I've seen other threads/just know what others with JDM cars think of them. @Voncina - Had a look on Jaycar's website...I found a kit for $60 as stated. But no white on there. Red, blue, green only or some sh!t. And no cycles mentioned in the description either. You able to find them anywhere? Here's the Jaycar link. http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SL3955

OMG!! HILARIOUS (and that's an understatement) description! All you H4T3RZ had best take a look for the lolmuffins to fill your stomach til you throw up. You'll love that shit.

and once again... just LOL at the smart car :D

haha LOLZ. Nice smart car haha :domokun: FR34K... I've totally seen that car driving around. haha. anyway each to their own cos HATERZ GUNNA HATE =] I've always had a soft spot for them I don't reckon they look that bad. I reckon some people's bodykits look shit but I don't go whinging to them how they should change to this bar or that. So you all can shut ya gobs. :yucky: Don't get me wrong fellas. I love each and eeveryone of you. And ladies. Excuse me. Where are my manners? Sometimes my chivalry goes astray, much like a commodore with big chromies. haha anyway I know about imports. I just like the look of them as stated. Don't care if you don't. Not your car. Also there's a magical invention called a switch where I can turn them off :D Technology... Amazing these days hey? :P @Al Despo - (who's real name is also Alex) I knew this was coming. haha. I've seen other threads/just know what others with JDM cars think of them. @Voncina - Had a look on Jaycar's website...I found a kit for $60 as stated. But no white on there. Red, blue, green only or some sh!t. And no cycles mentioned in the description either. You able to find them anywhere? Here's the Jaycar link. http://www.jaycar.co...w.asp?ID=SL3955

OMG!! HILARIOUS (and that's an understatement) description! All you H4T3RZ had best take a look for the lolmuffins to fill your stomach til you throw up. You'll love that shit.

and once again... just LOL at the smart car :D

That is the kit that I was talking about above. I know it isn't mentioned in the description, that is why I took the time and effort to post all that crap about them.

And cheers man, as I said above, I rarely have them on, it's mainly for show for people who aren't used to the JDM scene. Doesn't bother me when people hate.

I don't see why there is so much hate. I rarely turn them on, you can't see them if I don't. It's mainly just for people who don't know about imports who are like "OH IT'S LIKE THE ONE IN FAST AND FURIOUS!"

542461_413211062038625_742368678_n.jpg

That is an old photo of mine.

LET THE HATING.. BEGIN!!

Except its not silver with hectic decals, nor a gtr

Gayer than Aids

Im not just sure Im HIV positive

Edited by Hadouken

Just don't install them underneath the chassis...don't want the weight of them to pull down the floorpan and end up with one of these

4350772539_55ff96415a_o.jpg