SAU Community

Rb25 Dump Pipe Gasket

Zane

As the title suggests, I am in need of a new turbo dump pipe gasket (metal one) to suit the standard 6 bolt rb25 turbo.

Our friends at Nissan want just shy of $40 for the honour.

Surely there is a more cost effective place to purchase one from, preferably in the Sydney area. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Nissan part number - 14445 V2700

Z

Thanks for the link but I would use $5 in petrol driving to JJ and back. For a part I'm sure they're punching out for about 35c it's a bit depressing that they can't be purchased at a more reasonable price.

Z

Bit the bullet and ordered one through Nissan. Had none in stock so will be shipped up from Melb tomorrow. Got $5 off for the inconvenience.

Z

$35 isn't alot of money. I'd rather pay that then get a cheap rip off that only lasts 3 days.

If it was a paper gasket I'd be saying yeah its a rip off. But $35 for what it is, realistically is nothing to whine about

Let's put this into perspective.

The paper gasket for the oil return is $2.70.

The metal gasket for the dump pipe is $39.90.

I agree you don't want either to fail so you want a quality product but one is punched out of a paper sheet, the other punched out of a metal sheet. From a production perspective there are few differences so, minus the material cost difference, the rest is mark up.

Anyway the search for a more cost effective product has turned up no real contenders so Nissan got my money.

Z

the cost of materials for a metal gasket is much more than paper. also the machine required for punching out a metal gasket would have to be a fair bit beefier than one for making a paper gasket.

if it had've been me, i would've gone to an exhaust shop and got a price from them for a gasket. wouldn't have been the same type of steel gasket that nissan sell. but would've worked fine and been cheaper