SAU Community

got brakes ?

DJ_L3ThAL

okie time to do the brakes on me line, mine are FCKED!!

so i need something slotted like DBA 5000s or something but ghey autobarn rekon they dont make 5000s for GTSts, only GTRs, so i need somewhere that sells brake rotors/pads that will fit my line, but i want good ones that will last a while and brake hard and wont crack etc like drilled ones do

cheers :)

NOOOOOOOOOO

i went there and they were absolute pricks, didnt want to look at my car, rekon u need to remove everything to check the meat on rotors, even though i was telling them they are stuffed n i know they are n i wann replace them all they wouldnt listen and would only gimme quote on pads so i drove off

Banana... rule #1

dont go to autobhan.

second... you need a set of 4000 (not 5000) series rotors.

Racebrakes will be the best price.

Pads, again just get RB74's.

Just come down with me in a few weeks and hpe they dont remember you lol

haha, if they dont remember me they'll remember the car, how many black 33s with massive front mounts sticking out and a trust sticker the size of the windscreen come in and drive off really pissed off ? im sure its not a daily thing, ill go there in a different car, just wanna get the shit supplied :)

DBA 5000s are only for GTRs unfortunately.

But you can get DBA 4000s for all skyline models, look on:

http://www.dba.com.au/catalogue/pdf/online...4000_online.pdf

For an r33 gtst, the part numbers are 4963 for front, and 4908 for rear. You can get them in plain, slotted , crossdrilled or slotted and cross drilled.

You can use the DBA 5000s for the GTR on your GTS, its just that they arent bolt on, you will need a bracket to relocate the caliper to allow for the additional diameter of the rotor...no biggie, thats how i am able to use 330mm rotors, (ok they may be 324 or 328mm, i cant remember exactly)

It was Race Brakes in Sydney that actually did my conversion, and they were going to use the DBA 5000 series on my R32, but 3 weeks before i was going to do the upgrage i ran out of pads at a track day and ruined the std rotors, so was a pay cheque short so just got one piece rotors instead. Same diameter though

i cant really be bothered with modifying stuff like that

are the 5000s *that* much better than 4000s ? or are 4000s awesome ? what pads should i use ? bendix ultimates ?

whats average cost for supplying 4000 series rotors front n abck in slotted (do i really need slotteds on back or is it waste of money ?) and prices on pads anyone know ? ill fit myself providing its all bolt up stuff :(

I got a quote last week from racebrakes for slotted 4000's - front and back were the same price and about $340 each from memory (have it written down at home)

5000's were about $560 - but replacement disks were only $300 or so.

The non slotted 4000's for rears were $265. I was going for these as a) slotted aint really needed for rears and B) will wear your rear pads out a lot less.

Also - if you aint going to get racebrakes to fit the rotors - maybe check out these guys if you know the part numbers. They seem to have a good deal on 4000's including motul brake fluid - free freight too.

http://www.mercurymotorsport.com.au

DBA 5000s are only for GTRs unfortunately.

But you can get DBA 4000s for all skyline models, look on:

As stated, you can actually get the 5000 series for a GTS-t.

I'm getting them put on my R31 :)

It's getting technical but when you use the 5000 series you can customise your offset.

It just costs a little more initially

There is no difference between DBA4000 & DBA5000 in terms of how they work.

The are identical.

The difference lies in how they are designed.

The 5000 are a two-piece rotor.

The 4000 are a one piece rotor.

Does that make sense? If not i'll explain to you tomorrow Nathan.

DJ save your money. About $500 - 600 for a full set of slot front and plain vented rear (you don't need slots there) and allow 300 for racebrakes pads full set. Call Lalor brake and clutch as I am real happy with my braking on the track (except when the old pads self destruct on the rear)

I will guarantee that with the same tyres and no ABS you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the wanky name brand stuff and the BDA (not DBA) discs. Just do the pads over the phone and racebrakes won't know you.

Im with Geoff, the std Nissan gear is great at the track, good fluid and pads is all you need, perhaps braided lines if you are a good enough driver to exploit the better feel through the pedal (im not...but i have them anyway in case one day i get a clue)

The std stuff only becomes an issue when you are running sticky tyres and have plenty more power then std, and driving on a circuit. You are a brave man to find the limits of the factory brakes on the street.