SAU Community

Gps Tracker With Ignition And Fuel Cut

So I went and ordered one of these.....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Realtime-Car-Tracker-Vehicle-GPS-GSM-GPRS-Tracking-Device-System-Spy-Alarm-Tool-/270867534485?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f10f69295#ht_6131wt_946

without really doing enough research into how to wire it into the V36 ignition and/or fuel pump. Installing the unit itself along with the antenna's etc will be a piece of piss, but the ignition and fuel cut are over my head. Knowing how complicated the electronics on these cars are, I am now a little worried. Once I discovered that disconnecting the touch screen 4 wire ribbon cable from the main board, actually renders the entire A/C controls and steering wheel controls inoperable, I knew that I was in for a tough time with this car.

I have been looking through the 10000 page G37 service manual and have found a few wiring schematics and such but am not the most electronically gifted individual out there, so these don't help a hell of a lot.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to start or at least give me an idea of whether this will even be worth attempting? If someone has a photo/image of which wire/s I should splice into for the ignition and/or fuel pump it would assist greatly.

I will be pulling the dash apart for the 10th time this weekend to finish off (hopefully) what may be a credible alternative for those wishing to get Australian Navi etc. on the OEM touch screen, and would like to have a go at installing this tracker device at the same time.

Thanks

Al

andrew,

how did you guess...

if you are even considering doing this - fuel pump would be the only place I would EVEN THINK of cutting. forget about getting ANYWHERE near the inner workings of the BCM unit..

I wont lie and say that I wasn't directing the question towards you Chris, I just didn't want to be too direct ;)

So can anyone direct me towards what to pull apart and which fuel pump wire would be appropriate to make some minor modifications too (read: cut in half)? The unit comes with a relay and everything is all set up to simply splice into the wire, I just need to know which one and how to get to the bugger.

On another note. With the amount of times people ask V35 and V36 questions on here and are simply forwarded onto you Chris, I hope that you are taking advantage of this fact, $$$$$ wise!

to be honest - I do not see $$ out of it. I do get a lot of can you change the language in a V36 questions to which I reply no and state unless you have a decent amount of $$ not to bother. that is usually followed by why can't I do this after reading a forum from overseas..

when it comes to spare parts now. thats another story. I can do those at will ex japan.

grab the V36 FSM and look for the fuel system section. that should tell you.