Bosch 550cc fuel injectors

GT-R fuel pump

HKS GT-RS Turbine

Tomei Type A Poncams 252 IN/EX 9.15 lift

Blitz FMIC

Blitz 2 core radiator

Blitz advaced intake

Blitz 90mm front pipe

Aut0bahn 99 exhaust collector (on the ass of the turbo)

OBX Racing exhaust manifold

HKS 90mm catback exhaust

Tomei exhaust side cam pulley

HKS timing belt

N1 waterpump

MAF: Z32,Q45 or MAFLESS (different ECU different situation)

These are the only 2 solutions that can be tuned nearby to me. Any opinions on the pros and cons between the two?

Everybody tunes power fc's and they work well, so my vote would be for that. A lot of people on here run them and have experience with them, so if you ever needed help etc with it, there will be a lot more info available for the power fc.

I don't know a lot about the fcon, I think scottynm35 might be running one though. Maybe pm him or perhaps he will reply to this thread.

Edited by Mitcho_7

Whichever the tuner is more comfortable with is the choice.

No idea why you would put a 1.3mm gasket in that will drop the comp ratio for a GT-RS though, just hurts performance :/

It was my understanding that stock head gaskets fail if they are exposed to higher boost and power levels, so a metal one is the best alternative. If this is wrong I would be happy to learn better.

If i were in japan id be knocking on smokey Nagata's door!! Pretty sure my brothers car has been in his shop, has a "Top secret" computer and a GT28 and pulls off high 12sec quarters . on 12psi too.. its a mystery to me, every time he squirts it , it feels like it keeps picking up more and more power.

so go see smokey :whistling:

Edited by SliverS2

if your in japan go the HKS f-con....sensational computer, its just aussies that aren't trained to use and hence why everyone goes the power fc.

your talking 32x32 mapping, launch control and a whole heap of other great things vs the outdated and limited power fc.

hence why here in aus I changed from a pwoer fc to a haltech with similar specs to the f-con

I use one but there is no support in Melbourne at all. The Fcon is a great option but HKS have a habit of screwing every dollar from the customer, so compare the full costs including tune. Perhaps there are other tuners around you that can tune with knock off software?

It was my understanding that stock head gaskets fail if they are exposed to higher boost and power levels, so a metal one is the best alternative. If this is wrong I would be happy to learn better.

They won't fail with 18psi and a GT-RS (250rwkw). Everyone else around here runs them stock.

By putting in a big 1.3mm all you've done is hurt the comp ratio which will affect response and require more boost for the same power :/

Not the case, its all in the tune. There are a few cars here reeling off 4-500hp on stock headgaskets. My dads old 350rwkw R33 ran a stock headgasket.

Edited by Super Drager

Thanks all for the info. I wouldn't go to Top Secret 1because its far away and 2 because tuning fees are insanly high here:

The Power FC for the r34 is really expensive compared to those for earlier models or GT-R Skylines because of demand, not many R34 GT-T's were produced so the POWER-FC for them is pretty rare here. The HKS F-CON V Pro I can get the unit, harness, temp sensor, and pressure sensor all together for the same cost as the POWER-FC however the F-CON is required to go to a tuner to even get running because of the license required for the software. That is my main detractor for that. I was also looking at NISTUNE as a possiblity due to its low cost and user friendlyness.

Edited by debusan

out of interest apexi are now selling brand ECR33 and ER34 PFCs - no idea how, or what is different, but nengun stock them again

414BN032 + 415-A030 Nissan - Skyline - ECR33/RB25DET - MT - 93/8-98/4

414BN033 + 415-A030 Nissan - Skyline - ER34/RB25DET - MT - 98/5-01/5

so its no longer "second hand only" for these models, avaialble new, with EL hand conrtoller from most apexi dealers

this is the first i have heard of it, but it looks legit

out of interest apexi are now selling brand ECR33 and ER34 PFCs - no idea how, or what is different, but nengun stock them again

so its no longer "second hand only" for these models, avaialble new, with EL hand conrtoller from most apexi dealers

ER34's have a totally different type of plug on their harness compared to an R33.

well obviously.....

but the point of the post was nengun.com are stocking and selling brand new powerfcs for ECR33 and ER34

so you can buy it new. this has only changed recently. they were discontinued for about 1.5 years or more

If you are not constantly modifying your car then HKS F -con is very popular with imported big power GTRs and top GTR tuners here. If you are in Japan tuning should be widely available but if you want to stay local then if you don't need a tune too often then the expense should be manageable.

Thanks a lot for bringing up this site man. I never heard of it before nad have been using strictly yahoo Auctions to buy things locally in Japan. I picked up the POWER-FC from them and saved a bundle of cash. It would have been twice as much had I ordered it on Yahoo or from a dealer. Cheers and good looking out.