SAU Community

Automatic Door Lock At 25Kph

trickytiger

Hi,

I've been thinking a bit about the automatic door lock at 25kph on the r33's

There is 4 wires at each door solonoid, so is it possible that one of these wires could send the 25kph lock signal to the solonoid? if it does it means at each solonoid we can just cut a wire to disable the feature on each door so that we can also keep the rear demister.

Maybe someone here knows what each of these 4 wires are. I know from when i put an actuator in the drivers door that there appears to be no unlock wire going to them.

Hi,

I've been thinking a bit about the automatic door lock at 25kph on the r33's

There is 4 wires at each door solonoid, so is it possible that one of these wires could send the 25kph lock signal to the solonoid? if it does it means at each solonoid we can just cut a wire to disable the feature on each door so that we can also keep the rear demister.

Maybe someone here knows what each of these 4 wires are. I know from when i put an actuator in the drivers door that there appears to be no unlock wire going to them.

It's a feature on these skylines that when you go over 25kph your doors automatically lock which is kinda annoying. I'm trying to find a solution other than the one that's already known which is cutting a green wire at the smart entrance module, which also disables the rear demister...

I think it's a safety thing to keep unwanted passengers from getting in.I like it,being female and driveing all the time on my own,

it makes me feel safe.

Yep Factory.

My S2 33 Sedan, at 25k's locks all 4 and if you try to unlock while driving, they lock straight away.

Doesn't unlock when I stop and switch the ignition off and I always go to get out but can't til I flick the switch.

Found this thread about it too.

http://www.skylinesa...3%20door%20lock

Edited by Not a Pulsar

My drivers door never had it but my passenger door used to lock at around 20kmh

then one day the passenger door solenoid stuffed up so I got one from a S2 R33 (NA) and put it in my S1 and it never locked above 20kmh since. So think the OP Might be on to it as I'm pretty sure theres one less wire on the S2 Solenoid as it might be done from elsewhere in the S2's

My drivers door never had it but my passenger door used to lock at around 20kmh

then one day the passenger door solenoid stuffed up so I got one from a S2 R33 (NA) and put it in my S1 and it never locked above 20kmh since. So think the OP Might be on to it as I'm pretty sure theres one less wire on the S2 Solenoid as it might be done from elsewhere in the S2's

That sounds hopeful :) will test with the passenger door after work to find out if this idea will work

Unfortunately this idea has proven not to be a solution. there is only two wires that control the unlock and lock functions, you can cut both the other two and it will still lock and unlock... so i wonder what the other two wires are there for?

Have just thought of another way this may be possible. Reverse the lock and unlock wires at each solonoid, this way hopefully when you hit 25Kph the car would be checking to make sure the doors are unlocked and if not unlock them.

Will just go out to the car and test this.

on this relative topic. My 25kmph passenger door locking always has and still works.

But my rear demister has stopped working. Fuse is fine too though.

thoughts andybody?