SAU Community

Magick's N/a R34

Hey everyone,

Im brand new to the skyline scene, its my second car after i moved on from my minitruck project that I completed while I was ill.

I thought id start a thread on my n/a 34 that i picked up on Friday, I opted for the n/a as Im currently on my green P's. Im a first year apprentice so as you can imagine money is tight, especially after forking out my savings on the new car. I love the thing, rides great, sticks to corners and is a nice looking car! Its a completely stock 98 model apart from a polk audio system, and has 90k on the clock.

My plans for the car are to first install a set of coilovers, set of nice white wheels and just tidy up a few little things on it. Not too fussed about trying to gain power out of it, that time will come when i sell it for a gtt down the track.

Anyway here are some photos of the 34.

my old ute I sold for the skyline!

7573855370_39deb95292_b.jpg

The new girl

7573684486_0e4cfcf676_b.jpg

7573652060_feb1cccba8_b.jpg

7573641648_6a8a5cfaaa_b.jpg

As i dont have much funds for the major mods, i thought I would give the interior a touch up. I scrubbed up the old dash surrounds and resprayed them in silver. Came out quite good i think!

7573624742_cb80595af1_b.jpg

7573514278_8dc48a4094_b.jpg

7573559988_a8570fb6e5_b.jpg

Next I just gave her an oil and filter change and checked over the engine to make sure everything was in good order

7573500126_83d0b3f4ff_b.jpg

Bit unlucky with the plates.. haha

7573534960_aec2bc012b_b.jpg

Feel free to give me advice and point out things Im doing wrong, as I said, im very new to the skyline scene!

Thanks, Luke

• 1 month later...

A few weeks ago i ordered a set of BC, BR coilovers from JustJap. They turned up last week and as soon as I knocked off work they went in!

7975993070_2cecbe9d6f_b.jpg

Very simple to install, just 3 bolts and its all good to go. I was happy with the height they were set up at, so I just made sure they were all the same and tightened them up. End result dropped the car by roughly 2 inches, and improved the handling noticeably around the local range!

7975984738_3d0b118dce_b.jpg

7975981694_7e0653e48d_b.jpg

7975979265_1f06a16587_b.jpg

Before coilovers..

7976004748_d49c2cc6e0_b.jpg

After..

7975975939_b8d41de894_b.jpg

7975972015_a4064457ef_b.jpg

7975954694_5316abc746_b.jpg

7975962701_d40fe7e4b9_b.jpg

Saving for wheels next, thinking white 18x9.5 +35 rear, 18x8.5 +30 front.. would love work XD9's, but will probably end up going with rota grids.

P.S, anyone want to clean swap a silver or blue 34 hahah, black cars and long dirt driveways are so painful!

Black cars full stop are painfull! My 4wd is black aswel, worst idea ever.

I have gun metal grey Rota Grids on my 34, suits them well i reckon. Ive gone for 18x9.5+20 with 235/40's and its a real agressive fitment, required a lot of work but looks mint. 18x9.5 +35 will fit nice and flush on the rear, and in the front id go for 9 +30.

And good work saving and working hard for such a nice car.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks mate!

yeah was going to go with what you stated.. although I popped into Option 1 Garage today and test fitted some wheels and tires and completely changed my mind haha

They threw on a couple of sets of rotas, both 9.5+20 all round. Fit perfect on the rear and pokes a little on the front. Will be getting it rolled and the fronts pulled by a mate who is a panel beater/spray painter.

If they still stick out much I will invest in some hardrace camber arms that they had in stock.. Can not rate Option 1's customer service high enough, offered to test fit straight up and offered whatever i wanted.

Been trying to decide on style and colour all day, I'm tossing up between white or black grids. Although I did like the gold meshies for something different.

8066427935_0808e07883_b.jpg8066427989_b5449c0928_b.jpg8066428073_b017b5c437_b.jpg

Edited by MAG1CK

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of an update,

Got my guards rolled by a mate, did a good job, also managed to slightly pump the front guards out a bit, didn't crack the paint either!

Looking to get a professional "cut and polish", few small scuffs and swirls over the whole car from previous owner :(

If anyone can recommend someone around Toowoomba/ Brissy/ coast, that would be great!

Does anyone know much about this front bar?? stumbled across it the other night while looking for gtr replica bumpers.

http://www.ebay.com....=item3f1a288295

Finally a pic, trying out the in build HDR in my Camera for the first time.

8134477456_fb080e9c31_b.jpg

Cheers, Luke

Edited by MAG1CK

• 1 month later...

Nice work on the 34 mate. Love your choice of wheel colour! I know what you mean about black cars, but hey nothing meaner than a black 34!

Thanks mate, exactly right haha

Unfortunately this is now for sale, read more in the for sale section!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...