SAU Community

My Progress Thread, Also How Pointless Is Jogging?

hamiltonau

so i have been hovering at around 95-98 kg for 10plus years now

always had wide shoulders which offset any noticable bulge around the middle but as im getting older (33) its harder and harder to hide the gut and the years of bad food and sedentary living have taken their toll.

pics etc soon but basically this article spurred me to post in here

http://www.predatornutrition.com/10-Reasons-Not-To-Go-Jogging

been jogging on and off for a while so the article annoyed me no end.

will stick to heavy weights at the gym a little more often and the occasional sprint on the tready..be interesting to see if a dedicated approach bears fruit.

running almost daily had me down to 93kg and a leaner figure a few months ago but i gotta admit that once the marathon was run (urban athlon in sydney) i slacked off.

a lot.

anyway point is..

how legit is this ''dont jog you fools!' mantra?

From the "what did you eat today thread" I think your diet is worse than bad ;) not that I'm much better.

I recently removed sugar from my diet and dropped from 83-79. First time under 80 in 10 years or so.

I used to jog daily when I did FIFO and had no ill effect but I didn't lose any weight. Was mostly to de-stress and relax

Edited by t_revz

yeah the mood lifting component almost makes it worth doing even if its just that

your not wrong about my diet, last five meals were from McGreasyking so i cant argue with you there, i am cutting out fries and getting one burger instead of two though!

went to gym for a bit of a bash at the weights, was kind of fun watching a movie on the ipad at the same time..

Wrong section you noob Pat! Fuark.

Personally I'm not a fan of jogging due to how mindlessly boring it is for me, however depending on the layout of your gym sometimes a good 20 mins+ on the treadmill can work WONDERS for your libido ;)

Wrong section you noob Pat! Fuark.

Personally I'm not a fan of jogging due to how mindlessly boring it is for me, however depending on the layout of your gym sometimes a good 20 mins+ on the treadmill can work WONDERS for your libido ;)

that's so true tho that cardio really helps with your libido...

Having say that i hate jogging too...it hurts my boobs and hips too much even with sport bras :P but you don't have any so no excuse for you not to jog ...

I think you misinterpreted trozzle's post. It's not the cardio helping his libido. It's the layout of the gym.

yeah more the potential view you can get. My gym's cross trainers (lol....) are immediately behind all the treadmills, so sometimes I like to f**k around on them for 20 mins just to appreciate the view

sorry trozzle, i had to go back and check.

now i see the build thread section...my bad. will start a proper one with pics and all when i can get around to it, went to gym today after a footlong meatball cheese sub with extra cheese, a bucket of KFC, the cookies, 2 extra long Churros with chocolate dip and...well you get the idea

the places i got all this stuff are literally within 20m of my gym.

doesnt help much.

then attempted to be first on the board for the Jetts weekly challenge

20 ski jumps

20 squat jumps

20 push ups

20 burpees

there may have been another thing in there but either by the time i got to the burpies i was dying., made the rookie error of not waiting half an hour after eating and nearly brang it all back up again right there in the gym with the hot gym girl in tights timing me.

she was very impressed with the loud grunts i was making by that point im sure but i dont know if hurling would have been what pushed me into phone number territory..

anyway 2.22 was my time, anyone up for beating it? No one else at the gym has yet (might have something to do with the girl only having just wrote it up today..)

oh and jane.

this is why men place themselves strategically around the gym

0516960934.jpg

there is even an entire thread devoted to the topic over here..

http://www.skylinesa...l-asses-thread/

my gym is pretty close to UTS and Sydney uni so i get lots of young students in the above gear. Its the only thing that gets me on the treadmill..

ah crap i gotta remember to stop hotlinking from motherless :(

slow day today, might head down to gym in a bit.

lulz thread is looking a little empty though, so first things first..

In a woman's point of view, my gym time is the time that i hate ppl (that i know) to see me the most..... but well that's me..

And as your friend..Patty.. you seriously need to cut those crap or at least not all of those in a day...you gonna kill yourself with high cholesterol soon..