SAU Community

A Quick Run Through On The V Mods

I think your WHP are overinflated American specs. I'm running a shitload of massive upgrades and an UpRev tune and i'm only running 230WHP.

Agreed. I have all intake/exhaust mods and spacer (tune could be better was slightly lean) and made 165rwkw. This equates to around 220rwhp.

200rwkw

5AT - HKS turbo kit, 6psi, uprev. I've seen uprev tunes from US cars making over 300rwkw, with not a lot of difference to my tune, but with a bit more boost. What I've figured is that the yanks over exaggerate their figures.

It all comes down to the dyno operator and what your paying them to do. Example- if you paid me $1000 to fit the new beut part to your car and tune it, you would like to see a increase in power yeah? dial up the dyno.... its that easy.

Do you think a NA "200kw" car has the same power as my 200kw turbo'd VQ35?

200rwkw

5AT - HKS turbo kit, 6psi, uprev. I've seen uprev tunes from US cars making over 300rwkw, with not a lot of difference to my tune, but with a bit more boost. What I've figured is that the yanks over exaggerate their figures.

It all comes down to the dyno operator and what your paying them to do. Example- if you paid me $1000 to fit the new beut part to your car and tune it, you would like to see a increase in power yeah? dial up the dyno.... its that easy.

Do you think a NA "200kw" car has the same power as my 200kw turbo'd VQ35?

If the NA had 200wkw and you had 200wkw on the same dyno, then yes you'd have the same power. :P

(yes mate, I know what you are saying)

Torque would be fairly different though

I have the throttle body spacer. Didn't do a before and after but you might get 1 or 2 kw maybe. It is a cheap mod.

P.s my nearest drag strip is over 500km away.

You always hear about the plenum spacer mod, but I never hear anything about the runner spacer or throttle body spacer. would either of these be helpful in an N/A setup?

Runner spacer will increase low-mid rpm torque a bit. Just as it does on an M35 Stagea.

pv35gt8 has one on his V35, but it is difficult to feel much difference due to the CVT.

Runner spacer will increase low-mid rpm torque a bit. Just as it does on an M35 Stagea.

At the expense of a little top end power usually. Unfortunately the peak power figures can give a false sense of power gains as they are only up high in the revs where they don't get used much. More torque in the midrange is what people should be chasing imo.

The mentioned runner spacer was made out of the same phenolic material as the spacers for the VQ25's, and can not be used in conjunction with the plenum spacer. (not the 17mm spacer that I made, could be possible with the more common 8mm spacers that everyone else has installed.)

Once I put the Cosworth plenum on it will be available if anyone wants to give it a try. I will be able to package it as a kit with all the required bolts, spacers and gasket.

Edited by pv35gt8

True, as long as you don't go over 374whp you would be fine with the later VQ's. 375 = Boom.

Seriously though, if you produce more than 375whp, you will be the reason for the world ending in 2012

The mentioned runner spacer was made out of the same phenolic material as the spacers for the VQ25's, and can not be used in conjunction with the plenum spacer. (not the 17mm spacer that I made, could be possible with the more common 8mm spacers that everyone else has installed.)

is this just a bonnet clearance issue?