SAU Community

Looking To Buy An 09 R35 Anyone Know Of One?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard to tell what the market is doing at the moment. Maintenance is fairly reasonable aside from major services (transmission oil), tyres and brakes, and I wouldn't expect this to affect car values..

What will be interesting is to see how much those 2009 model R35's out of warranty will go for in a years time - since the main concern with 2nd hand stock + modified GT-R R35's is the transmission failures (solenoids, gaskets, pressure sensors, shift forks, circlips, etc, etc...) and bell housings... These 2 points will be the main depreciation concerns as Nissan asks for $23,000 rubies to swap one out outside of the warranty period. I think it's just a shame that Nissan don't offer the same warranty here as the US (5 years) and there's still no "official" warranty extension available to purchase (rumours that Allianz was working with Nissan on offering an extension to owners seems to be 100% BS at this time).

For sure if the belly falls out of the "out of warranty" 2009 models, I'll be looking to move mine on around the 2.5 years ownership mark

Alternatively, I am not sure if you can cover "specific" parts of a car with vehicle insurance for mechanical failure, so that you don't have to have $23k sitting in a bank account in the unlikely event a transmission fails....

Its hard to tell what the market is doing at the moment. Maintenance is fairly reasonable aside from major services (transmission oil), tyres and brakes, and I wouldn't expect this to affect car values..

What will be interesting is to see how much those 2009 model R35's out of warranty will go for in a years time - since the main concern with 2nd hand stock + modified GT-R R35's is the transmission failures (solenoids, gaskets, pressure sensors, shift forks, circlips, etc, etc...) and bell housings... These 2 points will be the main depreciation concerns as Nissan asks for $23,000 rubies to swap one out outside of the warranty period. I think it's just a shame that Nissan don't offer the same warranty here as the US (5 years) and there's still no "official" warranty extension available to purchase (rumours that Allianz was working with Nissan on offering an extension to owners seems to be 100% BS at this time).

For sure if the belly falls out of the "out of warranty" 2009 models, I'll be looking to move mine on around the 2.5 years ownership mark

Alternatively, I am not sure if you can cover "specific" parts of a car with vehicle insurance for mechanical failure, so that you don't have to have $23k sitting in a bank account in the unlikely event a transmission fails....

Maintenance is not that bad in cost if you do it yourself, I prefer a car out of warranty use aftermarket brake parts different diff and trans fluids, can buy a transmission out of the UK for under 10K if it craps itself.

The people buying the cars out of warranty will be GTR lovers that are handy on the tools and use them on the track and could not afford a new one like me :)

No other higher end car is depreciating "gracefully" at the moment when you look at pricing out of warranty.

have a look on carsales what f430's, Aston vantage's and 997.1 turbos are worth

Edited by domino_z

just pointing out that a lot of private 2009 R35's are still listed at 115-120k on carsales, when most 2009 sales actually went for 95-105k, some even around the 90k.

A Qld sunshine coast dealer even listed a super silver 2009 with 50,00km on the clock for 125k. they were shocked by my offer. I see now they have the car listed for 115k

anyway, just some feedback for those looking for facts about recent sales.

Lets just say I wouldn't be paying under 110 for a low km mint 2010 when you can get a 2011 for under 120! :yes:

Yeah, a mate of mine just sold his white mint 2011 for $125k yesterday to fund his Audi R8 project. His was totally unencumbered (owned it outright), with 14,xxx kms on the clock... For sure the cars not owing $ and with owners on a mission will go cheaper - I remember when I was searching for my GT-R, most of the 2nd hand 2009's and 2010's I checked out at the time had more $$'s encumbered/owing than the carsales list price, and the owners I contacted sounded like drug dealers...... I still can't complain getting a new 2010 for $138k though...

I only owe about $30k on mine, and that'll be gone well before the warranty expires.

Edited by Wardski

Hey Wardski, I too would be very happy with the price that you picked yours up for (I also bought a 2010 well after the 2011 s had been released, but didn't drive as hard a deal as you did) anyway, in some small way you are probably contributing to the devaluation of our cars in bandying about what you paid. How about keeping what you paid off the public forum and if some one really wants to know they pm you? No offence intended.

Hey Wardski, I too would be very happy with the price that you picked yours up for (I also bought a 2010 well after the 2011 s had been released, but didn't drive as hard a deal as you did) anyway, in some small way you are probably contributing to the devaluation of our cars in bandying about what you paid. How about keeping what you paid off the public forum and if some one really wants to know they pm you? No offence intended.

I honestly think everyone here is negatively contributing.. But that's life, we all have to deal with depreciation.. no offence intended.

Edited by Wardski

Well the car is scheduled to arrive this Friday.

Using CEVA logistics.

I must say I am feeling the anticipation of this one almost as much as the first one.

I promise not to mod this time.

Well the car is scheduled to arrive this Friday.

Using CEVA logistics.

I must say I am feeling the anticipation of this one almost as much as the first one.

I promise not to mod this time.

You know, how i know, you're lying?

:D