SAU Community

Powerlifting

markos

ProRawFour will be held on Saturday November 10 at the Frankston Art Centre. I have $5000 cash and $2000 in prizes for the lifters so far. We have around 40 signed up already. As well as the Trophies, Protein and Cash that I am giving away, the winner in each of the 5 divisions will get a giant novelty cheque to keep. Come and watch if your free, its a pretty special show, a little bit Rock'nRoll. I own ProRaw so I am not bound by any Federation rules, I am a law unto myself

Untitled_zps642bb2d8.jpg

Lifters coming from most states, here are the top lifters from each

QLD

Odell Manuel

Alex Zerba

Jackson Murrie

Ben Bouchereau

ACT

Nathan Jones

Katie Foster

Simon Wile

NSW

Adam Roe

VIC

Laird Ross

Nina Markopoulos

Max Markopoulos

Alen Pezerovic

Jack Pollard

SA

Firas El Achkar

Matt Brunoli

Kristos Papanotis

WA

Paul Rucci

The favourites are

Super Heavy Weight (110kg+) - Odell Manuel

Heavy Weight (110kg) - Nathan Jones

Middleweight (95kg) - Matt Brunoli/Laird Ross

Lightweight (80kg) - Ben Bouchereau

Next years event, ProRawFive, is invitation only, the Top 10 lifters in each class for the year are invited, prizemoney should double

Markos I'm still thinking about entering, what are the requirements and when do enteries close?

I'm sure I can get 520kg or so... I don't have enough pride to worry about coming last lol

Will you be using the texas bar for deadlifts? I still haven't maxed that sucker!

Youre in, how easy was that

Yep, Texas for DL, and you wont come last

Fellow SAU members, come watch Nick lift

shit... lol

what equipment do I need, soft suit? I'll get some shoes asap

3 comps in 4 months... everything aches... I'm an old(ish) man!

Its very impressive to see guys that aren't that muscular (from a visual perspective) lifting the weights they lift.

Would be great to know what weight routine they are doing/using to get up to those numbers.

Soft suit is a one piece tightish outfit.

kind of like what wrestlers wear or triathletes.

they don't have any carry over to helping you lift.

it's just to help the judges make a decision (makes it easy to see if you are squatting low enough or if your hips are locked out for deadlift) and it also makes for a uniform look to the sport.

The knee braces are called "knee wraps". it is a 2 - 2.5 meter, stretchy material this is wrapped around the knees.

Depending on how tight you can handle them on there, has a fairly large carry over to squats (which is the only time they are allowed to be used)

By Back brace I assume you mean a Belt. Yes it is allowed in RAW competition (as are the knee wraps) but neither is mandatory.

if you learn to use them, they both have a carry over and allow you to lift more weight.

Wrist wraps are allowed during Bench and Squats.

My lifters mainly use my Progressive Poundage Program (PPP) that I sell online for $20

Nick on here has just purchased it and is making good progress. I have it up on the walls in the gym

Its been around for about 3 years now. There are actually a few others on here who got it years ago

CS Student, Gareth, used it with great success. At only 84kg or so he squatted 210kg, benched 130kg and deadlifted 230kg from memory