SAU Community

Dent in rear quarter panle :(

ASYLUM

some cheap bastard has hit my car while it was parked in a carpark and nothing, no note, nothing. i am so annoyed :D

the dent is in the right rear quarter panel and is about 20cm in size, there is white paint and scratches down to the metal across the wheel guard and the dent itself!

anyone know of a good panelbeater in perth (preferably near Mt Lawley etc) that does good work and doesn't rip you off?

so unhappy about it, there is no way my insurance would cover it and i don't want to lose my no claims bonus or pay the huge excess.

cheers for any assistance.

geez dude, that aint good to hear, i hate bastards that do that... whats the bet it was a chick too....(no offense) but ive known quite a few chicks that cant drive for shite and have hit their own cars on stuff before etc.

yeh it just really S**TS me cos its not my fault and i was saving for a bodykit and now i am going to have to spend all that money on getting my car back the way it was :D

i mean sure in that sit. i would be kicking myself but i would bite the bullet and leave my details.

:) i think its going to be expensive cos a couple of the scratches are down to the metal.

Bit of a cheap shot on the chicks there MirKz. Plenty of guys a just as shite and prolly more likely to drive off without leaving a note.

Very common problem though....I had a similar experience with my AE86 sprinter. That cost me a cool grand to fix. It was a damn good hit for a carpark jobby.

thats bad :cheers: i can sympathise .... guy ran into me then took off a while back - took me 8 weeks to get my car back from panel beaters so i cant really recommend who did it :D

well i just got a quote from a place in West Perth that is on my insurance providers list of recommended repairers... $1,000-$1,500!!! :cheers: my excess is $650 and then i would lose my no claims...

funny tho.. the guy was looking my car over and said he knew the girl that owns R33 4ME hehe

its going to take even longer to get my mags now... i hope the person who did it gets their karma.

i had someone do that to me aswell, does the 1/4 panel need to be replaced or repaired,

check the pick of my car, this happened while waiting for my pizza to be cooked,  

an expensive pizza i can tell ya  

repaired and resprayed. there are a few scratches down the door also and i was told they couldn't be buffed out and so the whole side of my car would need respraying!

the dent in my rear quarter is almost exactly like the one behind the arch in yours but more white paint (on a black car) :(

still so upset about this. going to look for more quotes today

man if ya can buff most out an do a lil pannel yaself save ya money an get tha kit on an get all the paintin an panel done at same time save prety penny only works if kit is close tho i know cause a mates dad usets be spray painter (bloody good too ) sez try get all paint done same time cost heaps less

well trouble is surface rust is setting in where it has gone down to the metal :rofl:

got one quote from West Perth Panel & Paint for $1000 before GST! to 'do it properly' and one from Wark & Wainright in Subiaco for $369 inc GST! dunno whether one is dodgy or the other is over charging lol. need to get some reliable quotes and get it fixed as soon as i can afford it.

well trouble is surface rust is setting in where it has gone down to the metal :rofl:

got one quote from West Perth Panel & Paint for $1000 before GST! to 'do it properly' and one from Wark & Wainright in Subiaco for $369 inc GST! dunno whether one is dodgy or the other is over charging lol. need to get some reliable quotes and get it fixed as soon as i can afford it.

Listen buddy - forget that quote for $369 thats will be a crap job for sure.

Its time to bite the bullet buddy - do it once do it properly

Go to NOVA smash repairs in West Perth - they just did my mate STi and it came up plum ....... you need to except the fact that its gona cost you 1000 + bucks to get done peoperly... so go ahead and do it.

Especially with a black car if you dont do it properly it will stand out like dogs balls.

Daniel

well i got another quote from a place recommended to me by a SAU member for $300 for the repair and respray and $250 to remove the GT badges and weld and respray. this makes me think that the west perth place was overquoting me but now i am unsure, i want a good job done but i don't want to get ripped off.

the dent should be easy enough to knock out and there are no creases but it definately needs a respray on the quarter panel.

any thoughts? :)

cheers for all the comments and advice btw