SAU Community

M35 6 Speed Conversion.

scotty nm35

I have to agree Scotty.The manual conversion is probably the only way forward for your goal/s to be met right now, & the Z box looks like the least hassle.

Maybe a half decent solution for the RE5 can be had in the future with some electronic trickery (not me either - I'm too busy to look into it right now). No real point in you spending too much effort there when it won't cut the mustard regardless.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, can't imagine an off the shelf box controller. I know the ECU tells the gearbox line pressure commands, becuase I have the uprev that allows me to alter them, however that is just one map in what I imagine would be 5 or so different maps for various aspects of the gearbox.

I don't know what is stored in the ECU, and what is stored in the GB ECU. There is a hell of a lot more to it than just the line pressures.

• 4 years later...
On 24/10/2012 at 10:44 PM, PN-Mad said:

Yeah, can't imagine an off the shelf box controller. I know the ECU tells the gearbox line pressure commands, becuase I have the uprev that allows me to alter them, however that is just one map in what I imagine would be 5 or so different maps for various aspects of the gearbox.

I don't know what is stored in the ECU, and what is stored in the GB ECU. There is a hell of a lot more to it than just the line pressures.

off the shelf.. yes http://automatictransmission.com.au/shop/compushift-nissan-re5-automatic-transmission-controller/

but at half the price of my car i think not

On 29/12/2016 at 5:11 AM, Rahil said:

Hey Scott. 

I'm in the process of buying up all the parts needed to do a 6 speed swap on my m35. Just wanted to see if you have any advise for me.

Besides the parts required in that link Josh shared of my build i'd not go manual without also be keeping in mind throttle issues. Driving my M35 as manual with the standard electronic throttle was very painful.

Cheers