Sau Vic 2012 Motorsport Championship Round 7 - Hh 13Th Oct

emts

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha sorry mate. I did happen to catch the score :)

On another note, I will be checking for nails in my tires :P

what about in your cooler?

haha

nah man you did great this year, very consistent going to be an awesome last round.

and just for you I will try and keep richo from running away with it again ...

i'm in, looking forward to it, do those of you with r rubber on your cars find that it's even remotely possible to get heat into the tyres on this track?

no....actaully hell no

not what i wanted to hear martin! :yucky:

put it this way you get around 60-65 secs run every hour-hour and half.

your warm up area is around 10 meters.

if it has rained in the past week there will be a fine layer of sand over parts of the circut.

caution is needed for first few runs.

I know it sounds like I'm bitching about it but it's one of fav days of the year. it's just plain fun.

think deca long wang on steroids

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Nice! I hope it all works out. At least now you know the track as well and can build from last year. Looking forward to see your car in action again.   Ooof. Godspeed!
    • We let the engine warm up as much as it could while stationary and with the head check plugged into the open radiator but I see you're point that it would be difficult to get it to the point where it begins to overheat. The overheating issue only began after the initial problem with the empty radiator. Until then I had driven the car almost daily without any issues (with the gktech fan etc.) I'm beginning to suspect butters may be right and that it's a head gasket issue, just difficult to find the time to work on the car lately. And whether or not it's even worth doing the head gasket etc. on the 20 when I am, extremely slowly, building a 25 for this car.
    • Yeah, alright, I take it back. I hadn't bothered to compare the terminal numbers - they're not the same. I was working on the presumption that it was the "small plug" half of the HICAS CU because it has the same plug as the small plug on the HICAS CU. And...the drawing says "Refer to Super HICAS system circuit diagram" which seemed to place it firmly in the world of HICAS, not non-HICAS.
    • You definitely have a big problem if with the adjustment screw closed up you're idling at 1200 rpm. Have you verified you have no vacuum leaks? No throttle shaft seal leaks? Nobody has messed with the throttle body set screws? I would love to see what Consult reports when your engine is idling that high.
    • HICAS has a much more complicated circuit diagram, for some reason the R32 GTR service manual discusses both. The HICAS module has proper 2 way communication over consult, the "EPS control unit" doesn't have any of that and only exposes a raw analog voltage for the EPS solenoid valve. It's ultimately mostly about speed sensitive steering but the non-HICAS unit also looks at the neutral switch/brake/clutch switch to adjust how it provides assist.