SAU Community

Gearbox Oil Change S1 R33

33gts25t

Hey guys reasonably new to forum but have been reading alot in project forum. Im about to do an oil change on my gearbox and have been doing research and it seems like a hassle to fill it with oil using the filler plug. You have to use a pump or some other crazy way. My question is can i open the filler plug, take out the gear shifter and fill it from there, getting someone else to tell me when it starts coming out (you're supposed to fill it till it comes out of filler plug right?).

Also the gear shift boot is split and leaking, does anyone have the part number on this? rb25det s1 r33.

Cheers.

Or buy a pump from bunnings that fits onto your oil container (they make them for the 4ltr workshop hand cleaner), cost me $8.00 if I remember correctly, I also got 1/2 meter of clear hose that fits the pump, all up cost about $10, its easier than doing it from inside and you dont run the risk of overfilling or spillage inside the cab.

Ill take a photo when I can.

Nothing is easier than buying a pump as mlr suggested crawling under your car undoing 1 bolt and pumping it in..your gumma have to crawl under there to empty it anyway...

How's the redline work for you Mark? thinking of switching to it as well..

Nothing is easier than buying a pump as mlr suggested crawling under your car undoing 1 bolt and pumping it in..your gumma have to crawl under there to empty it anyway...

How's the redline work for you Mark? thinking of switching to it as well..

I used the Redline prior to getting the box rebuilt as the syncros were on the way out, it seemed to smooth it out well, for a while anyway, when I drained the fluid to first put it in there was little bits of syncros stuck to the drain plug, after a few track days when I drained the oil again there was lots of big peices of syncros.

Im running Nulon everywhere ATM.

I was wanting to get redline but i cant seem to find anywhere that has it. Other than trademe but they sell it as $46 a litre. Im in New Zealand, should i just get the stuff from nissan?

Edited by 33gts25t

Thomas, you can get Redline (smurf blood) from JustJap in Kirrawee: http://justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=17082&cat=&page=1

Getting the 3.8L works out a bit cheaper than buying the 0.9L bottles

mrl's idea about getting a handwash pump and hose is perfect to pumping the new oil in.

As other people have mentioned don't bother filling up through the gearstick. Stick to the fill/drain plugs underneath.

The plugs will be in tight so make sure you have a torque wrench to get some leverage and crack them loose. ALWAYS start with the fill plug (higher up) incase you cant crack the drain plug loose.

Anymore questions let me know.