SAU Community

GTSt top speed.

Does anyone know how tall the standard fifth gear is in a GTSt? Say I red lined this gear what speed would I be doing? Just curious thanx.

of course without the speed limiter, my speedo got stuck under the 0 a few nights back and I hit the end of 5th, just wondering how quick that was.

i think he means with standard gear / diff ratios, 5th gear, redlined (~7000rpm)?

if you can get there, then what would the speed be... i'm guessing 240-250

man... i top out with the speed limiter at 185km/h in my GTT ... but i wont be doing that again. The car doesnt feel too good when it cuts out... and thats with the car stock as a rock... driving with no shoes .. just socks

yea yea.. i know its a poor attempt at rhyming

Why 185 is a nice crusing speed :thumbsup: haha

But yeah what Ferni said is that I want to know "i think he means with standard gear / diff ratios, 5th gear, redlined (~7000rpm)?" Forget power just assume you had enough to get there!

From what i remember when i tried to figure it out myself i was doin 70 at 2000rpm and 110 at 3000rpm it seem you increase 40kph per 1000rpm (in fifth gear) from that at redline (7000rpm) theoretically you would be doin close to 270kph. i recon your gonna need a fair bit of power to get it there though.

Hey why not just try it for yourself go for a drive see the difference in speed for an increase 1000rpm then see how fast your going at a set rpm and add the difference you worked out earlier for every 1000rpm after that until you get to redline, that should give you a theoretical top speed. If that makes any sence.

man... i top out with the speed limiter at 185km/h in my GTT ... but i wont be doing that again. The car doesnt feel too good when it cuts out... and thats with the car stock as a rock... driving with no shoes .. just socks

yea yea.. i know its a poor attempt at rhyming

I know what you mean. It's a harsh cut out. Scared the crap out of me the first time it happened. I hit it almost everytime down the straight at Eastern Creek the other week. Only just though; car is pretty much stock at the moment.

It feels like about 270ish, but I know what you mean feels very safe, I dont have a problem changing lanes at 200 LOL :D

I took mine to 7000 in 5th with a 4.3 diff. The speedo was obviously back at the zero but it's pretty easy to calculate.

If your doing 120km/h at 3500 rpm then your doing 240 at 7000. But, not many speedos are that acurate at 120km/h. especially when you change wheels, tyres, diffs etc.

Either way, if you get caught your F!@#$ed

Last week before i sold my GTT with HKS suspension... did 200km/h easily and i can fell that there is MORE HP in it.... 250km/h 70% sure that i can reach for my previous R34GTT... anyway

Below is the car i have drove over 200

stock honda civic 1.6 vtec can reach 220 km/h... max out

Stock Mercedes S280 = 220 kmh still have some room to go but i fell like it is flying

Stock UK spec sTT supra = 230 km/h ... easily i am sure it can reach 250KM/h

Basic mod MR2 Turbo= 245 KM/h almost Max out

Stock Alfa romeo 1.7 L = 200KM/H max out

basic mod BMW 328 = 240 almost MAX

Satria GTI = 230 KM/h almost MAX out...

Base on those car above i am sure you guys can judge out have fast can a GTT GO.