SAU Community

Upgrading Clutch On R33

chokoy

ive sent them an email because im not in australia told them what i have and what i do with the car waiting for reply

yhnxz for the help men

cheers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you driven a 4puck clutch before? with 400hp the organic might be better for stop/go daily driving

nope never i just turn 19 mate this is my first car ita was project car my friend never got done with so now i own it need to finish the upgrde so the car can run good like it supose 2

An old thread abotu clutches for high horsepower seemed to point to the Nismo twin plate being the go - OR something custom made from NPC.

Are you really making 700hp?

There are significant downsides to choosing a non-sprung centre - they are that driving will suck and your clutch or tyres will wear out very quickly.

for my build the nismo is a bit to much on the island we dont have allot we can do with the car thats why i prefer a npc and so

and i mailed doug responded i schould get a 5 puk sprong 10 inch carbotic button kit

755$

thnxz for the help mates no act or spec clutch for mi

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys... Just wondering what my best option is for a clutch. I am just about to do the manual conversion on my R34 with all R33 bits. The kit is coming with a worn 5 puk extreme clutch so I need a new one before i convert my car. The engine is pretty much stock running 165kw atw but I plan to get a Nistune board installed and tuned for a round 200kw atw in the next few months. So yeah can anyone give me some recommendations? It's kind of a daily driver but i walk to work most days so it's mainly used for fanging around having fun on the weekends.

After doing a bit of research today I think i'm gonna going with an Exedy Button clutch. Anyone know of anything similar but cheaper?

If that's your power goals the jut get one of the NPC organic or cushioned button, better pedal feel than the Excedy one, mine failed so I am biased lol....

And although it's irrelevant to your needs, I drove with my clutch today and it's the best feeling clutch I've ever had or driven :) JB clutches all the way

After doing a bit of research today I think i'm gonna going with an Exedy Button clutch. Anyone know of anything similar but cheaper?

I've used 2x Exedy clutches before, IMHO the pressure plate is so FARKING heavy, you end up spending money on a larger Nismo slave & Nismo strength pivot ball... get an 10" NPC for the same price.

I'm using a NPC 10" Carbonetic clutch and it's the sht.. a tad more easier to drive than the Exedy Sports Cover (silver plate not that homo modified pink shit)

NPC:

- cheaper

- holds more power (yet to test it on my stock boat)

- bigger clutch (I'm guessing they use a patrol OR 300ZX plate, I'm guessing ok?)

- MUCH lighter pedal feel due to larger disk and plate

Exedy:

- cost more

- holds less power (apparently)

- standard size clutch

- pedal is so heavy, you'll end up buying a larger slave because your left foot is broken (I did that with my old car)

If you must get Exedy, what ever you do, get their Sports range, it's the silver pressure plate, don't get their heavy duty crap.. it's just an OEM pressure plate, modded and sprayed some homo pink colour.

Funny you say that as my Excedy cushion button was like stock pedal feel, but mates NPC cushioned button that looks so close to the same has a heavy (springy) pedal.... My big clutch is lighter than his!

Cool thanks guys... A mate ended up giving me a Clutch Industries RPM Heavy duty clutch, so I am gonna run that for now to get things going... In the mean time i'll weigh up my options Gay Pink vs NPC.

watch out on those RPM pressure plates, I removed one from the car I just bought.. clutch plate was in good condition, but slipped like a mofo.. I blame RPM pressure plate