SAU Community

Upgrading Clutch On R33

chokoy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like its time for me to upgrade my exedy HD clutch, ive decided on the NPC 330kw rated organic

I actually dont like the stock feel to these clutches, are there many options with how heavy the pedal is, eg. stock feel and heavy or very heavy etc..

What should i ask for ? i want some firm pressure in the pedal and it to bite when i pull the next gear ...

looks like its time for me to upgrade my exedy HD clutch, ive decided on the NPC 330kw rated organic

I actually dont like the stock feel to these clutches, are there many options with how heavy the pedal is, eg. stock feel and heavy or very heavy etc..

What should i ask for ? i want some firm pressure in the pedal and it to bite when i pull the next gear ...

Maybe ask for a smaller pressure plate? I love how the pedal is soft as a stock clutch.. I even thought I installed it wrong when I first when to press the pedal.

Maybe ask for a smaller pressure plate? I love how the pedal is soft as a stock clutch.. I even thought I installed it wrong when I first when to press the pedal.

This ^^

It's due to the larger spring diameter. More leverage = lighter pedal feel

Exedy HD is just an OEM cover, modified and sprayed some homosexual pink. The difference could be a many things, because the pressure plates are modified they could clamp differently. Also you may be using different plates.

Yes, smaller clutch, lower rating i.e. less clutch friction material to flywheel contact.

I can tell you, my carbonetic 10" feels like a stock pedal, but when you want to drive it, it bites hard, it bites so hard that the car thumps lol

I can tell you, my carbonetic 10" feels like a stock pedal, but when you want to drive it, it bites hard, it bites so hard that the car thumps lol

I would NOT want to be your drivetrain :P

Do i need a lightened flywheel for 300kw's? is there a danger of the flywheel comming off? was just reading a thread about it..

nah stock flywheel is fine, just torque it down properly and loctite up the nuts.. however NPC did recommend me a Billet flywheel for extra, but I thought I would save that money for something else.

Do i need a lightened flywheel for 300kw's? is there a danger of the flywheel comming off? was just reading a thread about it..

Nope, not needed... Use the correct torque settings... Pretty rare for one to come off, link?

nah stock flywheel is fine, just torque it down properly and loctite up the nuts.. however NPC did recommend me a Billet flywheel for extra, but I thought I would save that money for something else.

Mine didnt have nuts :(

LOL

thanks fella's, great to have such a great wealth of knowledge at hand, will let you know how NPC organic goes, although its probably know fact round here :yes:

the ultimate test will be some 1/4mile attempts at willowbank with some 2nd gear burnouts and 4000rpm launches at willowbank, would like to see some high 12's hopefully with practice.. :woot:

tell us your build intentions and your driving habits first.

well 90% im very kind to the clutch and drive off boost, other 10% is a drag or a 2nd, 3rd gear hard pull to get past some slow traffic