SAU Community

Videos Of Lifts From Forum Members

markos

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with those squats.

If I had to nit pick I would say that the first 2 reps were more controlled than the last 3.

Pause it at the bottom of each squat.

see how much of the word Hammer Strength you can see on the safety bar.

you'll find that you started drifting forward a little.

so you either didn't stay as tight or started going down before beign completely ready.

but you're movement was the same for each rep and you went deep enough.

If you can keep the same form at higher weights then it's great.

Edited by TTT

Nothing wrong with those squats.

If I had to nit pick I would say that the first 2 reps were more controlled than the last 3.

Pause it at the bottom of each squat.

see how much of the word Hammer Strength you can see on the safety bar.

you'll find that you started drifting forward a little.

so you either didn't stay as tight or started going down before beign completely ready.

but you're movement was the same for each rep and you went deep enough.

If you can keep the same form at higher weights then it's great.

Cheers mate. Yeah they were a bit sloppy I'll admit, was the absolute end of my squat sets and only bothered doing them to record it :P Still getting back into them again so I fatigue quickly, though I'd just done a couple of sets @120kg :D

man i cant squat that low with no weight.........

See this:

it's actually easier to hit depth with weight.

Honestly, I can pull 20 reps of 60kg easier than 20 reps of nothing. Likely it's all to do with the weight adding balance and stability or some shit, but it still boggles ze mind :P

Got my mate to film me squat and dead today...Been copping a recurring injury to my glutes/hips that is seriously limiting my weights so I'm after some feedback on my form to see if that might be causing the issue.

Only got 100kg on the bar in both vids so there was some weight that would get me closer to the form I'd have with heavier weight, but not enough that I'd flare up the injury that is still lingering.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v218/madwob/?action=view&current=20121013_105145.mp4

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v218/madwob/?action=view&current=20121013_105145.mp4

It's tough to describe but I'll give it a go

The feeling it gives is like my upper outer glute & lower back muscles are twisted...

Makes squatting/deadlifting a no go when it's bad, and even kneeling down or bending over to pick something up is a mission

Lately I've been using the foam roller before every session, releasing the IT band after reading that it may cause lower back and knee pain which I was getting.

My knees don't really feel sore anymorem but the lower back and glutes is always lingering... I'm starting to think there might be a pinched nerve or something like that...A few weeks back I was warming up on squats, started at 60kg, next warmup was 80kg, and as I hit the bottom of the rep, I felt a sharp pain shoot up my back from my glute, and that was the end of the session, over before it started.

When I played football I did my hamstrings 5 times, once on the left (then never again) and 4 on the right (1-2 of those were just light re-strains when coming back). Then the year I decided to hang up the boots, I hit the 5x5 program over what would have been the pre season, did no running at all, was squatting/deadlifting 160 for 5-6 reps at about 82kg. Then the start of the season came around and I got the itch, so I pulled on the boot having not trained for it at all, and managed to play the entire season without a hamstring injury (I'd say due to the core strength gained)

Problem now is I weigh more (90kg carrying a bit of a gut), but I'm lifting much much less (120kg x 6 squat yesterday trying not to flare this up again, 130kg x 6 dead with a belt 5th, 120 x 6 without in the 4th set) Pretty frustrating with the constant up and down of weights due to injury, but I'm still in there working away at it... I've always used massage as a cure, but I'm thinking of seeing a chiro for a look over to see if there's any obvious issues.

I also think my right leg is slightly shorter than my right. Not sure if it's directly related, but the bulk of the soreness is on the right hand side, so it's worth a thought.

It's tough to describe but I'll give it a go

The feeling it gives is like my upper outer glute & lower back muscles are twisted...

Makes squatting/deadlifting a no go when it's bad, and even kneeling down or bending over to pick something up is a mission

Lately I've been using the foam roller before every session, releasing the IT band after reading that it may cause lower back and knee pain which I was getting.

My knees don't really feel sore anymorem but the lower back and glutes is always lingering... I'm starting to think there might be a pinched nerve or something like that...A few weeks back I was warming up on squats, started at 60kg, next warmup was 80kg, and as I hit the bottom of the rep, I felt a sharp pain shoot up my back from my glute, and that was the end of the session, over before it started.

When I played football I did my hamstrings 5 times, once on the left (then never again) and 4 on the right (1-2 of those were just light re-strains when coming back). Then the year I decided to hang up the boots, I hit the 5x5 program over what would have been the pre season, did no running at all, was squatting/deadlifting 160 for 5-6 reps at about 82kg. Then the start of the season came around and I got the itch, so I pulled on the boot having not trained for it at all, and managed to play the entire season without a hamstring injury (I'd say due to the core strength gained)

Problem now is I weigh more (90kg carrying a bit of a gut), but I'm lifting much much less (120kg x 6 squat yesterday trying not to flare this up again, 130kg x 6 dead with a belt 5th, 120 x 6 without in the 4th set) Pretty frustrating with the constant up and down of weights due to injury, but I'm still in there working away at it... I've always used massage as a cure, but I'm thinking of seeing a chiro for a look over to see if there's any obvious issues.

I also think my right leg is slightly shorter than my right. Not sure if it's directly related, but the bulk of the soreness is on the right hand side, so it's worth a thought.

Does sound a bit like my SIJ bullshit on a good day. Other than taking a heap of time off from deads and squats, I've found hamstring stretching to help SO MUUUUUUUUCH. This specifically:

hwkb17_055.jpg

You need to get close enough that it's uncomfortable as f**k to keep your leg straight with your pelvis/back FLAT on the ground, but not so unbearable that you can lay there for 3 or more minutes. Keep your toes pointed AWAY - ie, don't pull them towards your body. This is a hamstring/glute stretch, not calves and back :P

Along with some isolated glute stretches.

im a bit confused watching those video's, how do those guys lift so much weight, they dont look big enough to do it,

i was of the belief that muscle size directly related to how much you lift, not saying these guys are skinny or small , just saying they dont look anything close to a dorian yates or a Tommy platz in the hay days..