SAU Community

Unique & Interesting Places In Melbourne

JGTC

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you all for the recommendations of tramps/tricks/scallywags/dylaan's mum/ladies of the night - will be taken into serious consideration

coffee wise is there anything not to miss while in the CBD & St Kilda? gotta be some addicts who can share their sources

will be looking up a few of these places (prob not spearmint rhino tho lol) when i get home tonight

fixed.

Big Mouth in St Kilda has good value food. If you venture towards Balaclava, Gattica has brilliant food and arguably incredible coffee. Theres also a weird yogurt place in Balaclava called Yo-Chi, which is pretty intense.

http://www.yochi.com.au/products.php

ultra helpful mate, cheers

Edited by squareznboxez

fixed.

Big Mouth in St Kilda has good value food. If you venture towards Balaclava, Gattica has brilliant food and arguably incredible coffee. Theres also a weird yogurt place in Balaclava called Yo-Chi, which is pretty intense.

http://www.yochi.com.au/products.php

Haha!

Yochi looks good.

Might have to check that pizza place out myself

Pics don't do it justice, the pizza slices are big.

IMG_20120429_174251.png

IMG_20120429_174241.png

IMG_20120429_181125.png

Yochi looks good.

just a word of warning, they charge per 250g and so you say "oh thats not too bad *shrug*" but if you go over, they charge for another 250g (or some shit)

So dont be surprised when it costs $28 for 3 people to have flavoured yogurt with chocolate sauce.

it is fun for a once-off thoug

not huge on fancy hi-end dining, although happy to try things that are 'to die for' as such. little family-owned joints punching out small things right is where i think it's at in general

my mate is huge on the beans so coffee-wise we are happy to be proven right that you guys have the winning formula

hope i don't come accoss as fussy or snobbish or anything - just trying to keep the convo alive to get as many ideas as possible from different people

Edited by squareznboxez

Don't forget to stop off in Ferntree Gully. I hear The Pool Room is opening again.

incorrect

its a bargain store, i work almost next door :P

the comedy club at knox however, thats the new pool room :P

come to ringwood, check out our strip of clubs, theyre great

incorrect

I wouldnt be going to ringwood, theres nothing special about those clubs.. trust me lol

Not exclusive to Melbourne, but San Churro is awesome for a fancy dessert. http://www.sanchurro.com/store-locations/country/1/australia

Really though, if you're in Melbourne and you haven't been...you should take a trip out to the Dandenongs. Not everything special about our city is in the city! Have a Devonshire tea up there, visit sky high (observation / lookout cliff with a view of Melbourne) and/or have dinner at one of the nice French/German restaurants. One of my favourite places to be around!

I wouldnt be going to ringwood, theres nothing special about those clubs.. trust me lol

lol they're good for a local...maybe not a visitor...or...maybe it's the other way around, because a visitor won't be aware of the stigma.

When I visit bars in the burbs I tend to forget/ignore the "bogan" stigma that people attach to them. Once you're inside, everything is much the same as a city club/bar anyway...just without the half hour drive for the same shit.

cheers bird, totally agree with this, it is exactly the case in sydney also i don't really venture into the city for outings/chillouts/meals. are there things in the city to experience? for sure, but the suburbs are often less assuming but offer just as much enjoyment without having to queue up for the place

Not exclusive to Melbourne, but San Churro is awesome for a fancy dessert. http://www.sanchurro...try/1/australia

Really though, if you're in Melbourne and you haven't been...you should take a trip out to the Dandenongs. Not everything special about our city is in the city! Have a Devonshire tea up there, visit sky high (observation / lookout cliff with a view of Melbourne) and/or have dinner at one of the nice French/German restaurants. One of my favourite places to be around!

incorrect

Where do you work? I work at the middle hotel just a few meters from the ex pool room.

cheers bird, totally agree with this, it is exactly the case in sydney also i don't really venture into the city for outings/chillouts/meals. are there things in the city to experience? for sure, but the suburbs are often less assuming but offer just as much enjoyment without having to queue up for the place

These types of places also give you a chance to experience life as a local, as you often need to be a local or told about them to know about them.

Would like someone to show me Sydney sometime - the lighter/suburban side of it anyway. Have been to the city a few times and did not really enjoy it. Had more fun in Parramatta and that's saying something lol.

lol they're good for a local...maybe not a visitor...or...maybe it's the other way around, because a visitor won't be aware of the stigma.

When I visit bars in the burbs I tend to forget/ignore the "bogan" stigma that people attach to them. Once you're inside, everything is much the same as a city club/bar anyway...just without the half hour drive for the same shit.

True maybe good for a local for people who live past Lilydale going warburton way (used to be me lol) 40 mins to the closest club and pubs close at 11 :/ whip is a pedo dream though so many underagers go there. Went once and never again. Now I moved out of warburton area and down boronia area I do need to find a nice pub though.