SAU Community

R32 Gtr Exhaust Temp Light

jnrevo

Hi all.

Ok. Just a short dicribtion about my car.

R32 gtr with a 26/30 engine with 2871-10's and a ViPec plug in.

This light is under the ABS light. It has what look like an exhaust pic and 3 wavily line above it.

This light only come on when I'm on high boost (19-24psi). But I can track it all day on low boost (15-17psi) and it will never come on. It only stay on for about 1-2 seconds. It go off when i take my foot of the accelerator. It does the same thing on both 98pulp and e85 tune. It did not come on when it was on the dyno.

So I just wanna know if it is an exhaust temp and is it had for my car?

I'm pretty new to the whole gtr thing.

Thank you for the help.

lol in a 32 thats the engine light!

i dunno what the go is with the vipec but with powerfc that can serve as a 'knock light' on the dash.

the fact that its coming on, only under high boost, only when youre giving it stick points to a few things...

I believe it doesn't come on till after 400C. It's really just to let you know the exhaust is hot enough to ignite grass. But it can serve a purpose on a modified car though, it could be that your cat might have collapsed or partially blocked. Though with those mods listed and the light not coming on at the track or the dyno, it just could mean your tune or specifically the low-mid (cruise) areas of your tune are lean.

vipec use that cat light as a check engine light, so what ever alerts your tuner has set up to trigger the light. Could be anything from overboost, watertemp etc... By the sounds of it most likely overboost. Speak to your tuner about it.

vipec use that cat light as a check engine light, so what ever alerts your tuner has set up to trigger the light. Could be anything from overboost, watertemp etc... By the sounds of it most likely overboost. Speak to your tuner about it.

I brought the car with the computer already in it. Rigoli only tune it for E85. He did not see thelight come on on the dyno. I don't know who wire the computer up. But it is a plug in so it should be what ever ViPec wired it up as. I might have to call up ViPec to see if they can help.

• 1 month later...

incase anyone want to know the answer to this.

That light is a warning light from the ECU.

It for over temp and over boost. It can be adjust to what ever you want.

Speak to Scott from Insight about it.

Thanks for the help.