SAU Community

Can't find sideskirts for R32...Help Please!

Hi everyone,

To start off with, yes I have done a search of SAU but has nto helped me :-)

Ok, I can find the sideskirts in the photos I have attached from Unique AutoSports in NSW, but what I cannot find is the rear-quarter side skirts that I have seen so many R32's with!

Can anyone tell me where they got theirs or where I can get the rear-querter side skirts?

Thanks everyone!

Corey.

I've got sideskirts and rear pods for an R32 2 door which I'll be getting rid of soon... if you can hold on till I put my new kit on (should be a month or so away) I'll be able to sell em to you. I haven't decided on a price, but it shouldn't be much.

R32 side skirts were standard on Type M and Type S, my V selection 2 etc, and optional on others. And that is what you have in the pic... "Pure (read original) sports side wings" is the exact jap translation, but meh.

As for those rear pods, that's not the one that mates up with the sideskirts pictured, I think that's a bomex copy or something.

Alternatively I've got an entire Vertex kit for an R32 2 door if you're interested. PM me if you're interested in anything.

I have looked on the UAS website and cannot find those "pods" anywhere. Type-M imports in Dandenong don't seem to exist, I cant find their number anyway :-)

I have emailed UAS and they seem to only be able to do rear skirts from another body kit, which looks quite horrible!

Anyone have pics of these pods on cars? or anyone with the "normal" or "facotry" rear skirts have a pic or know where to get 'em?

Cheers again people,

Corey.

PS: My car is an R32, just incase some people might get it mixed up for an R33. ;-)

If you really cant find them in Aus, maybe get an importer like UPI or whoever to import you some. It might take a while but youll definately be able to get some, and they might even be cheaper, as i imagine there is quite a strong demand for them over here.

just ring import wreakers, those rear skirts are on every 2nd 32 i sold a set for $50 a month ago

I have rung just about every import wreckers I can find! :-(

No one has them, I just keep getting number to ring, but still no one has those rear skirts, even though they are on just about every R32!

That is why I thought it would be easy to find a set :-)

how'd you go?

Rang Julian back today, but no-go for those side skirts :-(

He said he might have some at the end of next week, so fingers crossed!

He also had some other stuff I was after, and for less than half the price of other places!

Thanks again WazR32GTSt!

Yeah, he was busy all day Monday unloading a container, sounds like they must have a pretty big area as everything I asked for (besides the skirts) he said yep, yep and yep! And getting in another container next week too.

The skirts you got from there, are they the factory replicas? or even originals?

If so, I don't suppose you have a pic of them on your car?

Cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I don't know if this is accurate. The EPC places the EPS control unit somewhere in the engine bay or somewhere in the interior near the firewall, presumably because the things it's controlling mostly live up in the front of the car unlike HICAS which has a whole steering rack on the rear axle to handle. @D.phantom The R32 GTR manual actually has more than I give credit for talking about the non-HICAS cars: You can probe the pins on the diagnostic connector directly to read the EPS solenoid voltage as far as I can tell following the flow chart.
    • Hi all, so I bought a very low kms 2019 Q60s in Nov 2022 and have been driving it stock for 17 months. The power from the VR30DETT has been a little scary as these cars did not come with a LSD. Although the ECU does well with compensating the lack of LSD by using automatic braking on different wheels when there is lost of traction etc, it does not really give me much confidence to push the car harder. Further to that, the car feels quite boaty especially around sharper corners or roundabouts - it would seem like the wheels are lifting on one side. These engines are also very prone to heat soak as the heat exchanger is tiny. I felt this during the heat wave in WA over summer even in normal driving. Gear shifting in the Q60 is also something that I hated - it's quite harsh at low speeds especially in traffic.  I recently purchased a set of f&r sway bars, rear diff brace and a heat exchanger from Z1 in US. Here are my thoughts 1) Rear diff brace - no more wheel hop when accelerating quickly. wheel spin still present but manageable comparing to before. Gear shifts are now smoother, you can still tell its shifting etc but you dont feel the harshness. I would highly recommend this mod, and it should still be on sale at Z1 at the moment. 2) Sway bar - there are 2 settings for this F - 114%/165% increase in stiffness over stock and R - 138%/214% increase in stiffness over stock. Currently I am on the stiffer settings. The car feels very planted. Due to the weather over here I have not been able to test if i need to reduce the stiffness. So far it's much more comfortable to drive over stock as you dont feel like your car is lifting up and in fast turns you can control the car a lot better while turning left and right in quick succession.  3) HX - the Z1 HX has a much higher capacity and surface area (up to 200% or something). Again with the cooler weather it's a little hard to tell. I went with the Z1 HX due to the price, size and colour (black). You can't see the HX through the front bumper. There is a cheaper brand but it was smaller and the rest were more expensive which i didnt think was worth the extra since I won't track this car much at all. All 3 mods were easy to install, all plug and play. Note of caution, the front bar needed to come off for the HX to be installed.  
    • A is the HICAS CU.  As far as I know, there are no other modules located at A in a car with HICAS, so it is fair to presume that F is the variable power steer module for non-HICAS cars. Same location, give or take. Makes sense - the wiring loom for the HICAS cars has the speed signal, power, solenoid drive, etc wires all present there - so why move the module and have to upend the wiring loom?   Having said the above though, it may be the case that F is further down in the rear guard - it's hard to tell. In which case it may be something else. Yes, it is the multi-pin plug next to the under dash fuse box. Top left corner. Can't miss it. Be very careful though - use insulated probes to poke around in there so  you don't accidentally short 12v to ground or an ECU input etc etc.
    • They didn't. This is their comments; I'm not sure why they don't have the OEM specs.