SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

Good stuff man.

I need some help cleaning my engine bay too.

You wanna come down the coast some time and give me hand too ;)

What color are you going to respray the car or is a secret :rolleyes:

I do have to head down that way soon to pick up parts, so let me know....

Paint is just going back to original Gunmetal Grey...

Can anyone recommend any specific brand and/or paint code?

Also, looking to get dash done similar to pic below....can anymore recommend anyone in Brisbane?

GTR%2520dash.jpg

Hey Robbie,

Although not in Brisbane, there is Precise Triming on the Gold Coast that do some pretty good stuff (not far from me too).

Give them a hoy and see what they have to say.

There phone no. (07) 5531 2624

That dash looks sweet or I should say....sueeeede!

Brand for paint depends on how much you want to spend/how good you want it to look. Any good painter can get it looking 100% with most half decent paints but the more you spend on paint the better/longer it will last. With some of the cheaper paints the clearcoat will pinch back/dull off after even a short while so if you only want to do it once do it right. Who are you geting to paint it cause every painter will have their own preference on which paint they use but as a guide I'd look for someone who uses Glasurit, Spies Hecker or Standox. There are other good brands but they would be my pick. If your taking it to a shop find a reputable place that you know someone has used in the past and try and check out some of their work that they did 3-6 months ago and see what sort of condition its in now. PM me if you want some more info man I'm a qualified spraypainter and happy to help out with any Q's.

I did some reaserch about 6 months ago on flocking in Brisbane and no one seemed to know what I was talking about. There is a crowd in Sydney that does it but its fairly expensive.

Ha cheers mate, thought might be the case

Hey Robbie,

Although not in Brisbane, there is Precise Triming on the Gold Coast that do some pretty good stuff (not far from me too).

Give them a hoy and see what they have to say.

There phone no. (07) 5531 2624

That dash looks sweet or I should say....sueeeede!

Unreal, will get onto them and see what the go is! Yeah man they look unreal huh, hope I can get it done at a decent price

Brand for paint depends on how much you want to spend/how good you want it to look. Any good painter can get it looking 100% with most half decent paints but the more you spend on paint the better/longer it will last. With some of the cheaper paints the clearcoat will pinch back/dull off after even a short while so if you only want to do it once do it right. Who are you geting to paint it cause every painter will have their own preference on which paint they use but as a guide I'd look for someone who uses Glasurit, Spies Hecker or Standox. There are other good brands but they would be my pick. If your taking it to a shop find a reputable place that you know someone has used in the past and try and check out some of their work that they did 3-6 months ago and see what sort of condition its in now. PM me if you want some more info man I'm a qualified spraypainter and happy to help out with any Q's.

Cheers Brodie, you're dead right mate, want to do it once only and do it right!

Just getting a local guy to do it...will discuss paints with him and see what he says. Plan was check out some of his recent work and see how it looks

Appreciate that, will let you know how I go. Thanks again

Ohhh sweeet!!!

How nice are those N1's :wub:

Hey, are you or will be running an oil cooler? Because if you do (and depending on where you locate the cooler) you may have to punch some holes in the liner to let the air through. Best to do this before you put the liners on the car.

BTW, I'm also getting a cusco number plate mount as it is one way to put the plate on without ruining the front bumper.

Beautiful - will have to keep it for a lifetime.

Cheers, yep that's the plan!

Ohhh sweeet!!!

How nice are those N1's :wub:

Hey, are you or will be running an oil cooler? Because if you do (and depending on where you locate the cooler) you may have to punch some holes in the liner to let the air through. Best to do this before you put the liners on the car.

BTW, I'm also getting a cusco number plate mount as it is one way to put the plate on without ruining the front bumper.

Yeah man, went the HKS type S oil cooler kit, I think locates in front of driver side wheel...

I did see your guard with holes, will get mine sorted once cooler all in place!

Cool, ha same there was no way I was drilling into a new N1 front bar!!!

Decided not to run the Nismo clutch line, instead went with the HPI line (thanks to PaulR32gtr build thread!) as removes the below:

IMG_6254.JPG

IMG_6261.JPG

Got the under body HICAS hard lines out as well, just the speedo cable left now

IMG_6264.JPG

Getting the box stripped down ready for cleaning

IMG_6268.JPG

IMG_6277.JPG

IMG_6279.JPG

After first degrease, acid wash still to do

IMG_6284.JPG

IMG_6285.JPG

IMG_6283.JPG

What suspension are you putting on the car, are they Tein SS?

It came with Tein control master type flex's on it man. Really haven't had a chance to spend much time on what to do with coilovers...

I want to have a chat with Sydneykid on here...I am unsure of age, condition and spring rates type flex's but pretty sure they aren't going to be much use to me!

Yep. I sent him a pm regarding the same. But he is a busy, busy, busy boy.

Tein type flex were actually what I was looking at getting but they are discontinued. I think Tein coilovers are to harsh for our roads here. I think Bilstien are the way to go (although I have a thing for Tein)

Still juggling with coilovers, but will sort it out soon enough.

You just gonna recond the gearbox or something more exotic?

Edited by Ants