SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

Robbie with the rear wiper removal all you need is this

MoonfaceWiperHoleCapA_zpsea604f71.jpg

Costs $25 - fills in 36mm hole gap which is what you need and part number is OWC36

I am going to buy one so if you want one let me know as postage will be even cheaper.

I also got the matching N1 windscreen washer bottle, but is not mandatory.

For the rear seat belts I recall them being attached on the rear quarter panel pillars but I will have to check that again.

New seat belts can be obtained by Klippan Australia - I have the part numbers somewhere in my garage. I got it from Cheapa Autospares a few years back as Super Cheap did not stock them anymore.

Not sure about the rear quarter glass panel - I just know that they do not come in tinted versions anymore from Nissan so don't break it.

Perfect Anthony. Can you shoot me the part no. on that N1 washer bottle?

Let me know re the seatbelts when you get a chance...can anyone else comment on their rear seatbelt setup???

Was referring to rear quarter trim removal....guidance on getting this out with destroying it please someone?!

So want to do all these sorts of things to my car, but so little room and not enough money lol.

VERY envious.

Yeah I hear you Damien, I have been dreaming of doing this for around 7 years mate. Never give up mate, if you want it bad enough it will happen.

And start preparing yourself, the amount of work and time it takes is out of control!

Things are looking pretty serious Robbie - I am liking it!Would match my magnificent cranium perfectly.

Getting there Paul, the good stuff will be coming in the coming weeks....

This turned up today...enjoy.

IMG_6545.JPG

IMG_6547.JPG

IMG_6549.JPG

IMG_6550.JPG

IMG_6552.JPG

IMG_6556.JPG

Its a personal choice.

But IMO, it aesthetically looks better and to be honest how often do you use it?

Also removing the rear wiper + motor reduces the weight of the car.

Here are some photos

rearwiperandnozzleblankedout_zps6a09eba2

IMG_2684-1_zps898de186.jpg

Very nice Robbie.

Love the work from RIPS. Quality is superb!

Ok part number for N1 washer bottle is 28910-71L00

Mate you're dead right, they create works of art!

Thanks heaps for that info re washer bottle etc

Love this build, defiantly keeping an eye on this!

Thanks mate, will continue to do my best....

Ok so another issue....

IMG_6519.JPG

IMG_6520.JPG

IMG_6521.JPG

IMG_6522.JPG

1. What's with the 4 x screws in the rear wing that do nothing?

2. The wing is crazy heavy?! Seems weird they would go to effort aluminium fenders and bonnet and have a wind made of lead...

3. Mounts for the wing are stuffed and they look to be different on either side?? Can the vertical mounts for the wing be purchased separate..?

I was really trying to keep car looking as factory as possible but just not sure about the rear wing...they look the best IMO...

However, can anyone suggest anything equally as good in terms of looks and functions better in terms of weight and downforce?

Edited by $$slowmedown

Those bolts I'd imagine are probably for a bar inside the wing that connects the 2 mounts, keeping it rigid though I may be wrong.

Mounts can't be bought separate, the rubber pieces that sit between the spoiler and the bootlid and all the other little mounting bits can be.

More collage did a wing like the 32R wing that sits a little bit higher, the outer bits don't touch the bootlid.

Veilside also did a similar one with a bit more of an aggressive look to it

Tomei did a nice looking high wing but might not be your cup of tea.

Lots of other Jap companies also did/do GTR copy wings that look the same but are made of FRP so should be a fair bit lighter.(East Bear, West Yokohama, Charge Speed etc.)

Your gonna get sick of my recommendations Robbie but here goes....

Ditch the wing and get this instead

Nissan_Skyline_R32_GTR_Carbon_Fiber_Rear

OEM rear wing in carbon fibre copy = win

Your gonna get sick of my recommendations Robbie but here goes....

Ditch the wing and get this instead

Nissan_Skyline_R32_GTR_Carbon_Fiber_Rear

OEM rear wing in carbon fibre copy = win

Been eyeing one of those off for a while - factory one is so heavy! Plus my brackets are rusted and useless - would change the look a bit though unpainted

Na the four screws hold the wing together when they are first made. They have a top and bottom half that they glue together and the screws hold them in position. Other than that they serve no purpose.

Thats the inside

post-58307-0-49966000-1366373040_thumb.jpg post-58307-0-99990700-1366373042_thumb.jpg

And yeah heavy as hell. Carbon copy of the OEM looks good though.

Interesting, I wonder why they designed it like that instead of just one piece.

Because they would have used a mold. Most spoilers are made that way, needs to be done in two pieces to keep the positive draft angle so the part can be removed from the mold. Otherwise you just seal the mold inside the part and that's no good to anyone.

It surprises me that they use screws to hold it together though, it would be just as effective to create a part with a large flange surface and lock the part together that way, then remove the flanges. Suppose when doing massive quantities like that it would take too long, easier to just screw them all together.

Definitely go CF Copy and paint to the colour you want if you want to retain the OEM look, without the weight.

I have one boot with & one without. When I pop the boot up with the wing it releases and raises about 2-3 cm.

When I pop the one without the OEM wing it shoots up fully open (scary at times).

2. The wing is crazy heavy?! Seems weird they would go to effort aluminium fenders and bonnet and have a wind made of lead...

Easy answer on that one. That wing is heavy for a reason.

These cars are front heavy. ( around the 60F/40R mark from memory)

No point in taking weight out of the back of one of these things and not touching the front. That only results in further weight bias to the front. (not good)

I guess it gives some people a warm and fuzzy feeling when they get a CF rear wing but it does nothing to improve weight bias.

It's not all about how much weight you remove but where you remove it from.

Easy answer on that one. That wing is heavy for a reason.

These cars are front heavy. ( around the 60F/40R mark from memory)

No point in taking weight out of the back of one of these things and not touching the front. That only results in further weight bias to the front. (not good)

I guess it gives some people a warm and fuzzy feeling when they get a CF rear wing but it does nothing to improve weight bias.

It's not all about how much weight you remove but where you remove it from.

What a load of crap... If they wanted weight in the rear to help with distribution they would mount it as low as possible as ballast not in the wing.

What a load of crap... If they wanted weight in the rear to help with distribution they would mount it as low as possible as ballast not in the wing.

Sigh. Possibly.

however it wouldn't have been difficult to make a lighter rear wing from factory and they didn't. Pretty curious, seeing as the effort that was made to reduce weight at the front.

Fact remains - removing weight just from the rear doesn't help with weight bias - suppose that's "a load of crap" too?

Anyhow enough on that topic - best not to clutter this very good build thread with aggressive one liners.

Sigh. Possibly.

however it wouldn't have been difficult to make a lighter rear wing from factory and they didn't. Pretty curious, seeing as the effort that was made to reduce weight at the front.

Fact remains - removing weight just from the rear doesn't help with weight bias - suppose that's "a load of crap" too?

Anyhow enough on that topic - best not to clutter this very good build thread with aggressive one liners.

I have a feeling you're overthinking this. Keep in mind that cost is a big factor; strong, lightweight parts are generally quite expensive to produce.

Sigh. Possibly.

You need to differentiate between weight distribution and centre of gravity. The heavy wing helps with weight ditribution but not with the c of g.

Anyway out of interest are N1 rear windows available at all?