SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

Looks really nice Robbie. I see that you have fallen in love with wrinkle paint ;)

Cheers, got to see it on Monday and it's coming together very nicely! Getting very closing to going to back in...start of July is booked in for 2 days of front end assembly and motor install :yes:

I think with the turbo you're running, you'd probably end up putting the 600cc in. Seriously no point with the 444 as mine are slightly lesser than 90% duty on 250awkw.

Yep, I am curious just to see how it does go on the stock injectors, AFM's and ECU...once that is know and she is running smoothly the plan is to swap in the Nismo 600cc's, Z32 AFM's and the Nistune

I have to agree with Brandon. Your not going to miss anything with having the the 600cc. Even after changing mine from stock to 550cc I was on 75-80% duty with only 300rwrkw. Theses cars are thirsty but can be fuel efficient if tuned properly and if you drive it sensibly.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it Anthony. What boost level were you running to achieve that?

This is a crazy build mate gotta love the attention to detail.

You going to keep her original colour or are you going something different??

Cheers! I have to admit I have problem but hopefully that results in a R I can be proud of...

Yep, just going back to the original metallic gun metal

IMG_6990.JPG

IMG_6991.JPG

IMG_6994.JPG

IMG_6998.JPG

IMG_7000.JPG

IMG_7002.JPG

IMG_7003.JPG

Robbie are you gonna put some deadner as well or just leave as is?

Pros and cons of deadner

Pros - extra protection and durability from rust and corrosion and reduces road noise

Cons - its a bitch to apply and takes forever to dry and adds weight to the car

OMFG. Would you please restore mine? I'm in Brisbane too if that make things easier :woot::3some:

Haha no worries man....first ask yourself...'how deep are my pockets?'

Pros and cons of deadner

Pros - extra protection and durability from rust and corrosion and reduces road noise

Yeah that is deadener man, just took photos straight after it was done! Should look more textured once fully dry....will get more photos

That looks awesome mate!

beste regards from Germany!

Cheers Kev, I really can not believe the amount of prep work to get it ready! I spent a lot of hours underneath it looking up....

IMG_7019.JPG

IMG_7025.JPG

IMG_7020.JPG

IMG_7016.JPG

IMG_7022.JPG

This is such a fascinating look at how these cars fit together. They're amazingly complicated cars, the GT-R's. It's also a little sad for those of us who haven't gone to this level of restoration (without the know-how or the money) to see the ravages of time on a car that we grew up loving.

Keep it coming, I'm loving this thread.

-Nick

Pros and cons of deadner

Stonegaurd going on this week to seal up the deadener/rust protectant

This is such a fascinating look at how these cars fit together. They're amazingly complicated cars, the GT-R's. It's also a little sad for those of us who haven't gone to this level of restoration (without the know-how or the money) to see the ravages of time on a car that we grew up loving.

Keep it coming, I'm loving this thread.

-Nick

Well said Nick. It's a great thing to learn all about the way the R works and fits together. As you said, quite a lot going on under the hood/body!

Bit more progress, all bushes out

IMG_7061.JPG

IMG_7066.JPG

IMG_7083.JPG

Ready to send away for Hydrablast

IMG_7071.JPG

IMG_7082.JPG

More prep/painting

IMG_7063.JPG

IMG_7064.JPG

IMG_7072.JPG

IMG_7090.JPG

Box getting acid washed

IMG_7069.JPG

Ready for a hit of clear coat

IMG_7086.JPG

IMG_7088.JPG

New front wheel bearings

IMG_7085.JPG

Keen to see what hubs will look like Hydrablasted. Have a pair here I wanna run on my car and would love to have em looking fresh & new and then clearcoated to maintain that look. How much roughly is the hydrablast for just the rears?

May have already been posted, but I'd be keen to know what kind of primer/paint you're using. What kind of durability of the paint are you expecting in the long term (esp on suspension and under body components)? I'd hate to go through all that to see it chip off after a few hundred kays... Sweet build though!

Keen to see what hubs will look like Hydrablasted. Have a pair here I wanna run on my car and would love to have em looking fresh & new and then clearcoated to maintain that look. How much roughly is the hydrablast for just the rears?

Hubs are back Michael but haven't seen them yet, will get photos up asap for you. Yeah they were atrocious when we started, will get new bushes back in and then a hit of clear to seal them up!

Cost was $180 for all 4 man

That looks awesome mate! We make this procedure current also on a full caged R32 GTR VSpec. Now I know only too well what lies behind it for a working!

Best regards,

Kevin

Cheers Kevin, insane amount of work ahead...I don't envy you!!! Hope you will be putting a build thread up on here..?

hey mate what did you use for underbody and what prep was involved? are you coating the subframe and bits in the same stuff?

First started with truck wash and heavy duty nylon bristle scrubbing brush/sponge (this was hell, shoulders on fire!), then got stuck in with a steam cleaner to really loosen up the dirt/grime, while all still wet got the high pressure washer and went crazy!

Let it all dry out for a week, then went over every inch with the LED work light to locate every inch of rust (was pretty happy that there was fk all), treated any minor bits I found (you would of seen the black painted bits and pieces in previous photos) and then taped up every bolt/thread etc

Next step was the coat of the black under body rust protectant/sealer/deadener. You just buy in a 4L and apply with a specific gun that hooks up to compressed air line.

Let it all dry out for a couple of weeks and the last step is the stonechip protector/deadener, again this is applied by gun/compressed air and GOES EVERYWHERE!!! So not easy to do unless you have the space...

Photos below of the first coat (which was 3 x 1L bottles) of the stonechip

IMG_7115.JPG

IMG_7116.JPG

IMG_7117.JPG

IMG_7118.JPG

IMG_7119.JPG

IMG_7120.JPG

Wow.. That is all.

Just spend the past couple hours devouring this thread I wish there was more to read. I can not believe the attention to detail, I NEED to see this car when its finished.

You've destroyed my perception of a "clean GTR", good luck with the rest of build.

Good old sockets make the best punches on the Hyd Press, keep up the good work. ;)

You know it Benny! Had to whip out the oxy as well as they would not budge without it...once heat in the they popped out easy

Thanks mate, getting frustrated now as keep finding little things to do they prevent me from starting to get things back together...just NEVER enough time :angry:

Wow.. That is all.

Just spend the past couple hours devouring this thread I wish there was more to read. I can not believe the attention to detail, I NEED to see this car when its finished.

You've destroyed my perception of a "clean GTR", good luck with the rest of build.

Haha much appreciated mate, doing my best to keep the photos coming! I know, I have a problem, just hoping it all comes together as I have planned...Where in Aus are you?

Still learning a lot about the car and loving it more every step closer it gets to being finished. Thanks, still so much to do with such little time to do it in