SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

Oh man... I'm speechless. Just read from start to where she is now. I'm blown away by your attention to detail! This is something I've day dreamed of doing to my r32!! Just haven't had the time, resources, ect. Hey bro I'm curious, how many klicks did she have before you started the transformation? Keep up the good work! Subscribed!!

Really starting to come together, and gearbox looks mint with the clear!

Getting there, just never ends...cheers came up nice hey, now to wait and see how it lasts

Oh man... I'm speechless. Just read from start to where she is now. I'm blown away by your attention to detail! This is something I've day dreamed of doing to my r32!! Just haven't had the time, resources, ect. Hey bro I'm curious, how many klicks did she have before you started the transformation? Keep up the good work! Subscribed!!

Thanks Eric. Hopefully those details pay off huh. Mate the time, money and resources is out of this world! Be warned, it is a dangerous amount of work...Had 100,000 odd kms on it. Will do, the best bit is just starting...

I think when u come with the car to germany.....it comes never back to australia. :-D

Hahaha I'll work on getting there first Kev!! Plenty of nice places to drive over there...who knows

Too good mate, too good....

:cheers:

Assembly prep

IMG_7363.JPG

It begins

IMG_7371.JPG

IMG_7393.JPG

IMG_7397.JPG

IMG_7381.JPG

IMG_7383.JPG

IMG_7385.JPG

IMG_7390.JPG

IMG_7388.JPG

IMG_7404.JPG

IMG_7406.JPG

IMG_7409.JPG

IMG_7423.JPG

IMG_7410.JPG

IMG_7427.JPG

IMG_7417.JPG

IMG_7424.JPG

IMG_7426.JPG

Pretty happy with the alt, bit different!

IMG_7431.JPG

Together again

IMG_7433.JPG

Build is amazing, the detail.. Oh my god.

You make me want to go through this same process with my 32. But I just wouldn't have the patience to get a result like this!

By the way, best alternator ever. Hands down.

Alternator turned out amazing. It's good to see it coming

back together again. You won't want to drive it after all

the hard work on the undercarriage etc.

Keep up the good work.

WOW!!!!!!

love the alternator :yes:

Same! Definitely have to look at getting that done... How much did you pay to have the pulley anodized?

Cheers guys, should look unreal back on the motor huh! The pulley is part of the Mines pulley kit, have had to make some slight alterations to make them work as I believe they were to suit RB25, will post up pics soon

Build is amazing, the detail.. Oh my god.

You make me want to go through this same process with my 32. But I just wouldn't have the patience to get a result like this!

By the way, best alternator ever. Hands down.

Yeah it has got out of hand but 'when in Rome...' haha (Anchorman). Yeah you really have to keep pushing yourself every single weekend and keep thinking of the finished car!!!

Making me feel I need to pull my car apart again Robbie! Not good mate haha... Looking amazing coming together so well

No way Paul, yours is a work of art mate and it was your build that got me inspired. Only now can I appreciate the work you have done!

Cheers, she is coming together well, all the time in planning is paying off finally.

Alternator turned out amazing. It's good to see it coming

back together again. You won't want to drive it after all

the hard work on the undercarriage etc.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers man, yeah for sure. I am really afraid of that!!! I am hoping that it will so nice to drive that I will never want to stop...

Few more new bits

IMG_6731.JPG

IMG_7453.JPG

IMG_7452.JPG

IMG_7457.JPG

Getting ready for box

IMG_7444.JPG

IMG_7429.JPG

IMG_7443.JPG

IMG_7445.JPG

IMG_7451.JPG

Few bit more bits done

IMG_7400.JPG

IMG_7401.JPG

It was bugging me that RB26 wasn't prominent enough, so will scrape off and sand then mirror polish

IMG_7441.JPG

IMG_7400.JPG

IMG_7401.JPG

It was bugging me that RB26 wasn't prominent enough, so will scrape off and sand then mirror polish

IMG_7441.JPG

someone didn't pay attention to my VHT Wrinkle Plus tutorial thread.

someone didn't pay attention to my VHT Wrinkle Plus tutorial thread.

Personally, I think the method of painting over the embossed section and then sanding/machining delivers a higher quality finish than masking, at least in this case. For larger surface areas, masking makes more sense.

Personally, I think the method of painting over the embossed section and then sanding/machining delivers a higher quality finish than masking, at least in this case. For larger surface areas, masking makes more sense.

dude! It's a lot easier to detail the RB26 logo without the paint in the first place. Why would you want to make more work for yourself and also risk of scratching the face of the cover when you don't have to?????

In your DIY thread, the painted areas around the masking seem to have partially come off when you've removed the mask. Not a discredit to your method, I think it works great, but in this scenario I would paint the whole thing then sand it back to achieve a closer to 'factory' finish, if you could call it that ;)

farkkk as if you would drive this once its done, keep it in the shed lol

I know I know! She will be driven....looking forward to learning all about getting the most out of it

Progress as ramped up of late....enjoy guys! I know I am

IMG_7458.JPG

IMG_7459.JPG

IMG_7465.JPG

IMG_7466.JPG

IMG_7471.JPG

IMG_7470.JPG

IMG_7473.JPG

IMG_7484.JPG

Front shafts rebuilt and ready to go in

IMG_7479.JPG

Back of water pump pulley machined (was fouling on HB)

IMG_7495.JPG

Blasted/primed staring to sort new bushes

IMG_7501.JPG

IMG_7500.JPG

IMG_7509.JPG

Bushes go in waaaaaaaaaaay easier than they come out!!!

IMG_7503.JPG

Cleaning up A/C fan assembly

IMG_7531.JPG

IMG_7542.JPG

Gear going off for zinc coating

IMG_7527.JPG

IMG_7544.JPG

IMG_7546.JPG

Have NOT been looking forward to this...cleaning up fuel/power steer lines :yucky:

IMG_7497.JPG

IMG_7505.JPG

IMG_7507.JPG