SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

I might've asked a while back, can't remember, but what paint are you using for the suspension components? What sort of durability are you expecting?

Autothane with flattening base. Durability - no idea, time will tell

This is just fantastic... Who did the ducting for the oil cooler?

Cheers, HKS (comes with the kit)

Wow!!! Just read through the whole thread and I'm amazed as to how much effort you are going to to make sure every detail is perfect.

Will be following the rest of your restoration now!!

Haha yeah has definitely snowballed....as Ron Burgundy says 'When in Rome...'

Looks like the ducting that comes with the HKS kit.

You know it!

Ah I see, looks the goods!

Robbie, sorry if you've mentioned, but what brand of fittings are you using? Proflow?

Aeroflow

Great thread, fantastic build. Amazing stuff mate, well done :)

Thanks heaps, build has def taken its toll, nearly there now but

just noticed but clamps for ic piping?

Just temporary for now man, test fitting everything

To make it easier when it is all said and done, he should list all the parts that he used ^_^

Maybe I will son maybe I will

Will get latest photos up asap, she should be rolling by end of the month :D

• Like 1

Should of rebuilt the bottom end,shame to have to pull it in the future :/

Main and big end bearings have been done mate....no way in hell I wasn't replacing them!!!!!!

New clutch pedal bracket done

IMG_8025.JPG

Diffy ready to go home

IMG_8034.JPG

IMG_8035.JPG

Front ABS sensor lines ready to fit

IMG_8038.JPG

Calipers back and ready for rebuild

IMG_8050.JPG

Done

IMG_8059.JPG

IMG_8065.JPG

IMG_8066.JPG

IMG_8067.JPG

IMG_8074.JPG

IMG_8077.JPG

IMG_8069.JPG

Rear brake line cleaned up and ready

IMG_8080.JPG

So I recently took on a few "fix-ups" on my gtr.
That has since snowballed into purchasing a built engine from Ewan (Shoota_77)

Now after spending the last hour reading through this thread,
I've opened 30 additional tabs pages of parts and realised that my deadline will probably now be pushed back to the end of the year.

Expect a PM from me shortly filled with questions.

But firstly, where did you get the HPI clutch line from? Link?

As so many have said before me, your thread has been an inspiration to push myself further with my own restore.
Thanks so much, and I'll be checking back daily to keep with your progress.

Dave

Looks awesome mate. Seems such a shame to hide the suspension with a wheel!

Cheers, fkn ay, has to be done

this car will be a rolling work of art in the next 2 months or so.

My masterpiece :w00t:

so good.

must be so much fun putting it together when there is so much detail in everything.

Sure is! Decent amount of time is lost spacing out admiring and dreaming of that first drive :wub:

So I recently took on a few "fix-ups" on my gtr.

That has since snowballed into purchasing a built engine from Ewan (Shoota_77)

Now after spending the last hour reading through this thread,

I've opened 30 additional tabs pages of parts and realised that my deadline will probably now be pushed back to the end of the year.

Expect a PM from me shortly filled with questions.

But firstly, where did you get the HPI clutch line from? Link?

As so many have said before me, your thread has been an inspiration to push myself further with my own restore.

Thanks so much, and I'll be checking back daily to keep with your progress.

Dave

Nice. No probs Dave. Great to hear mate, all the best with it. I hope you know what you're getting yourself into...?

Front pipes freshly coated

IMG_8113.JPG

IMG_8117.JPG

Latest batch back from zinc coaters

IMG_8121.JPG

Fresh rubber :yes:

IMG_8138.JPG

IMG_8140.JPG

IMG_8130.JPG

IMG_8131.JPG

Fitting up rotors and calipers

IMG_8152.JPG

IMG_8156.JPG

The twins on for good

IMG_8210.JPG

IMG_8216.JPG

Intake pipes coated and getting fitted up

IMG_8158.JPG

IMG_8160.JPG

IMG_8167.JPG

P/s steer pump finished

IMG_8302.JPG

Dude!!! Its so close.

I bet you can just taste the exhaust fumes and burnt rubber!!

So close man yet so many little things to do. Where are you at with yours? Those measurements work out ok?

How economical is it to get parts zinc coated? Would it be worth taking a whole bunch in, or can you just do small individual batches?

Those gram lights are gonna look so ill wrapped around those rotors :)

It's reasonable I think, you just have to find someone willing to do it! I have been taking small batches and taking photos of them so you can figure out if any have been lost and where they come from!

A few things have been lost but they have been turning up with the next batch!

Thanks mate, wheels and brake set-up should do the job....for now.

Waiting on a few new OEM ball joints etc but getting closer

IMG_8180.JPG

IMG_8181.JPG

IMG_8186.JPG

Heat shields going back in and fitting up front pipe

IMG_8277.JPG

IMG_8244.JPG

IMG_8246.JPG

IMG_8255.JPG

Diff is home!!!!!

IMG_8250.JPG

IMG_8256.JPG

IMG_8259.JPG

IMG_8263.JPG

IMG_8269.JPG

IMG_8275.JPG

So close man yet so many little things to do. Where are you at with yours? Those measurements work out ok?

Mine is still in the workshop. Has been for over 4 months now. Its just one thing after another. Almost done though.

It maxed the fuel system out at 22psi, only 660cc injectors with standard rail and lines, and pulled 430kw at all 4.

Now going 2000cc injectors, hypertune fuel rail and bigger braided lines, twin feed and return. Should be epic.

As for the measurements, thanks heaps by the way, I finally got everything sorted, the guy drew them up and they seemed to be good, so the design went off to the machinist this week (hopefully) and I should have some brackets and a brake setup to play with in a few weeks.

As soon as they are on, ill send you some pics man.

By the way, yours is looking so tidy, its amazing!!

Well I think we can safely say thread is delivering on title as promised...

How many tooth brushes have you gone through to get it to this state???? :) How on earth did you get the plugs, wiring, hose clamps so clean... man!

Love the dedication well done.