SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

Been flat out getting parts organised from Japan (current exchange rate is motivating me)

Mate of mine dropped these off this week, photos don't do them justice. Enjoy.

1. Rays Gram Lights 57 Pro Titanium Lip 18 x 10 +20

IMG_5973.JPG

IMG_5987.JPG

IMG_5989.JPG

IMG_5992.JPG

IMG_5996.JPG

Over this car stuff for today!!

Have a heap of photos/updates to get on here, will do when in a better mood....

Cheers Benny. They are in great condition mate! Spent a while scrubbing them but ha.

Thanks again for all your help with these. Appreciate it.

Was originally going to run these but when you had yours up for sale I couldn't resist!

advan_rg_d_gold.jpg

New exhaust system

1. Front pipe is Jap made SS item with 2.5in inlets to 3.5in outlet

Brand is unknown on this one...?

IMG_6007.JPG

IMG_6009.JPG

2. Apexi N1 Evolution full SS 3.5in to 6in canon/4.5in tip

IMG_6024.JPG

IMG_6019.JPG

IMG_6015.JPG

IMG_6030.JPG

IMG_6012.JPG

IMG_6032.JPG

Edited by PranK

Got a chance to get the rest of the dash out over the last few days and started to suss out the items below

IMG_5921.JPG

1. OEM clutch line

IMG_5926.JPG

2. OEM slave cylinder

IMG_5934.JPG

3. OEM clutch pedal bracket

IMG_5944.JPG

Looking to do a decent amount of track work and had heard this bracket was prone to breaking. Having a closer look you can see it has previously been welded up due to exactly this

IMG_5939.JPG

IMG_5942.JPG

All the above items are being upgraded to Nismo items below:

IMG_5947.JPG

Nismo item looks to be a lot stronger, so will hopefully love the track conditions

IMG_5952.JPG

OEM clutch cylinder is also out ready for new OEM Nissan item to go in

IMG_5958.JPG

IMG_5972.JPG

Nice build buddy. Keep up the good work.

Cheers mate. Been flat out with it but not much to show for it!

still haven't got a chance to get motor progress photos....fuuuaarrrkkkk!!

It's not the biggest build, fastest , blingy ...etc....

But it looks like it's going to be thourough and complete.

Kudos to you mate.

Love to see this level of TLC being showerd on a R32 GTR

:thumbsup:

Yeah cheers Richard. Hopefully end up with a reliable, fun and clean 32R

Got started on the front end, front sub-frame is now ready to drop out and to start the strip down

Also, got started on completing removing the HICAS system (was initially just going to throw the lock bar in but decided I want the additional room in the engine bay room and why not save a bit of weight!)

Cheers mate. Been flat out with it but not much to show for it!

still haven't got a chance to get motor progress photos....fuuuaarrrkkkk!!

Don't worry. All good things take time. I am pedantic with everything I do to my car which results in a lot of time being spent but is all worth it at the end.

Yeah cheers Richard. Hopefully end up with a reliable, fun and clean 32R

Got started on the front end, front sub-frame is now ready to drop out and to start the strip down

Also, got started on completing removing the HICAS system (was initially just going to throw the lock bar in but decided I want the additional room in the engine bay room and why not save a bit of weight!)

Very nice! I wish i had a hoist in my garage so i could do this kind of work. So much easier with a hoist.

Nice buy with the gram lights. I was sooo close to buying them, but they wouldnt fit over my brakes and i didnt wana run spacers.

Now subscribed. Keep it up :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice! I wish i had a hoist in my garage so i could do this kind of work. So much easier with a hoist.

Nice buy with the gram lights. I was sooo close to buying them, but they wouldnt fit over my brakes and i didnt wana run spacers.

Now subscribed. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Cheers Damien. Hoist = super fun happy time ha. Yeah wheels should hopefully work with the look I am after, time will tell

Yeh spacers = junk. Not much progress of late...but will keep on keeping on!

Started getting the rear apart ready for paint prep and new rear tail/reverse lights to go in:

1. Getting rear exhaust shields out and ready to cleaned and painted

IMG_5903.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG

My little friend, works great to loosen up the sealant around rear tail lights

IMG_5909.JPG

This is where we got up to, scraper works to get most the black gummy sealant off, then just thinners on a rag worked sweetly

IMG_6044.JPG

Cheers Damien. Hoist = super fun happy time ha. Yeah wheels should hopefully work with the look I am after, time will tell

Yeh spacers = junk. Not much progress of late...but will keep on keeping on!

Started getting the rear apart ready for paint prep and new rear tail/reverse lights to go in:

1. Getting rear exhaust shields out and ready to cleaned and painted

IMG_5903.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG

My little friend, works great to loosen up the sealant around rear tail lights

IMG_5909.JPG

This is where we got up to, scraper works to get most the black gummy sealant off, then just thinners on a rag worked sweetly

IMG_6044.JPG

Nice job man.

Ditto on rear exhaust shield.

Mine looked liked yours but I then sanded (by hand) to look like this (which took aaaaages)

IMG_1117_zps9b7b9f26.jpg

If you can get it sandblasted though do it.

Keen to see more updates :thumbsup:

Nice build mate!!! I am keen to see the ruzic controller install. Can you post pics of the wiring hook ups?

Are u gonna cage it? I just completed stage one of my 32 build. I have got a few ideas for stage 2 off this thread. I will be watching how u go. Good luck.

Nice work, Robbie. Your build gives me a lot of ideas for my 32-R. You're right about changing the clutch cylinders. Mine gave out about a month ago. I had to replace them with OEM. Ironically, I'm probably going to replace them with NISMO items like you did, lol.

Just read up to date. Was sad when I realized I now have to wait for the next update :( Lol. Keen to see where this goes :)

Haha cheers Matt. Will do my best to keep them coming!

Nice build mate!!! I am keen to see the ruzic controller install. Can you post pics of the wiring hook ups?

Are u gonna cage it? I just completed stage one of my 32 build. I have got a few ideas for stage 2 off this thread. I will be watching how u go. Good luck.

Thanks Evan. Will do mate, I may have enlist Paul to help me with install as he is the expert!

I have seen your cage and it's unreal mate. I am thinking I won't cage this one as I understand can't legally have weld in cage in QLD and this car will be street registered.

I may think about a bolt in for safety aspect but even then would need to remove rear seats etc and change rego to a 2 seater...

Just doesn't seem like the hassle as want to keep this one as clean as possible

Nice work, Robbie. Your build gives me a lot of ideas for my 32-R. You're right about changing the clutch cylinders. Mine gave out about a month ago. I had to replace them with OEM. Ironically, I'm probably going to replace them with NISMO items like you did, lol.

Cheers Ruben. Good to hear mate, have spent considerable time on researching parts, mods etc so good to help it's helping you out.

Yeah hopefully everything will be fresh and ready for the track!

Great build! Eager to see whats next...

Cheers Jason. Doing my best to get photos etc up on here but really trying to car ready for paint

Front stripped and ready for cleaning

IMG_6116.JPG

IMG_6140.JPG

Bay ready for cleaning

IMG_6121.JPG

IMG_6139.JPG

Box ready to cleaned down

IMG_6142.JPG

• 2 weeks later...