SAU Community

What Power Level Before Looking Into Dual Pumps

G37Sam

You're definitely getting some great deals man.

May I ask where you guys normally install your surge tanks? Another reason I stayed away from it was that many told me you get a lot of fuel smell in cabin?

You shouldn't do as the tank should be shielded from the interior. Do you have room under the car?

Have you had a look at this:

http://aeromotiveinc.com/2010/01/fuel-pumps-and-horsepower/ ?

Great article Bob, thanks for sharing that. Not sure if there's room under my car tbh, and I don't want to start butchering my trunk yet :)

BTW, can in tank fuel pumps be used as exterior ones later on if I want to convert them into a surge tank setup?

Great article Bob, thanks for sharing that. Not sure if there's room under my car tbh, and I don't want to start butchering my trunk yet :)

BTW, can in tank fuel pumps be used as exterior ones later on if I want to convert them into a surge tank setup?

Depends on the pump - I know 044s can. If your aeromotive pump was also sold for exterior use it/they should be fine.

My surge tank is in the back of my wagon and a bit of a pain TBH

Its insulated and deosn't smell of petrol but it is noisy and takes uip space:

Fuelsupply01.jpg

cover (now insulated and carpeted:

fuelpumpcover001.jpg

post-72724-0-70919500-1353773359_thumb.jpg

Mate use the Teflon Braided hose and NO fuel smells, Not many current braided rubber hose brands are compatible with current 98 octane fuels. The set up in the pic is single 044 external,800cc Siemans injectors, 4 bar fuel press at idle (no vac hose connected) made 550 AWHP

PS: OEM in tank pump supplies surge tank...

Cheers n good luck... Awesome price on Aeromotive pumps btw, we get shafted on Aeromotive and Magna-Flow stuff in Oz...

You're definitely getting some great deals man.

May I ask where you guys normally install your surge tanks? Another reason I stayed away from it was that many told me you get a lot of fuel smell in cabin?

Under the car mate. Have a look at Alan's aka 33gtrv's build thread.

• 6 months later...

Drove on these for a few months, they're working great so far! Small problem though, they starve like crazy! If the tank is anywhere less than 80% full I have to be very conservative with my throttle input. Forget applying any throttle on right handers.

Can one run in-tank pumps externally? Or will they over heat? I'm seriously considering a surge tank setup now.