SAU Community

Formula 1 2013

dezz

We're down here too and yesterday was good and busier than a normal Thursday cause it was free all day, non f1 related check out the wheel of steel guy nea the army stand that guy was nuts I thought he was gonna fall just running over around the outside of it then the nutter did with a frigging skipping rope haha.

i melted in fp1 on fangio.
Lost my ears in fp2.. seats aren't bad.. can see lotus pit (in front of us).

Free, not complaining.

Will hunt for free earplugs tomorrow, cause the launch of the pack on Sunday will make me bleed.

$120 meals at crown any day of the week btw Ivan :P

Barbham in the sun was nice. With a few coldies.

Simon, ear plugs are free at the the info booths along with sunscreen and maps and shit.

Car wise, caterham looks like a dog, mclaren are geared different and were using a lower gear from t1. Ferrari seem to run some funny gearbox stuff, because downshifts were very different to other cars. Cheered to see homo in the wall!

Mercedes v8 supercars sound amazing no matter what they are doing.

F1 cars are sensational. Hoping my photos turn out. World champions stand is a winner. Be better sitting at the back with no afternoon sun but. Happy days apart from sunburn.

Keen for qualifying. Lotus or red bull will take the race I think :)

Lewis Hamilton's off during the second free practice session for the Australian Grand Prix was caused by splitter damage.

The Mercedes driver ploughed into the gravel at Turn 6 in the closing stages of the 90-minute session after losing front-end downforce.

"I had separation of the front splitter, so it was pushed right up underneath and touching the underneath of the chassis," said Hamilton.

"I lost a lot of front end. I went into Turn 6, turned in and nothing really happened, I just went straight on.

"I was complaining of shed-loads of understeer as I was beginning my long run. I came in and asked for three holes in the front wing, which is quite a lot.

"As they did that, they changed tyres and I went back out. I was braking, turned in and it just didn't turn.

"I thought to myself, 'what an idiot', but when I got back they explained to me that the front of the bib underneath the chassis was broken."

Hamilton admitted that the damage might have been caused when he took a bite of the gravel earlier in the session.

But he was relieved that there was no more significant damage to the car.

"Potentially, it was when I went wide," he said when asked about the cause of the damage.

"Thankfully, nothing was really damaged [in the off]. It's an easy fix."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106046

I saw the Rally cars on Thusday - that black R34 sounded great up the main straight!

I wanted to have a look, but couldn't find them. Where are they in the paddock?