SAU Community

What fits?

Im about to upgrade my brakes and tyres soon and at the moment just trying to figure out my options

Do R32 GTR rotors fit in a R33GTS-T with standard Nissan Calippers?

I would most probably get some DBA4000 but I can get GTR rotors relatively cheap. Im just wondering if its worthed, because I heard the crossdrilling in the R32 GTR were prone to cracks.

is there anything wrong with changing the front rotors only and leaving everything standard(rear rotors & pads)

and finally what's the widest tyre you can fit on standard R33 GTS-T 16"?

I heard 215s are fine, what about 225s?

can't help you with brakes

but 225's go nicely on stock r33 gts-t rims. protects them from curbs etc too if u park up against it.

I would go the slotted DBA 4000 series rotors, I have them on my GTST and they have be very good. If you plan to do any track days it would probably be wise to stay away from cross-drilled rotors. Nothing wrong with rear standard rotors, I put the 4000s on the rear as well but many don't, the bulk of the braking work gets done by the fronts. Plenty of people run 225s on their stock R33 rims. Don't forget some decent brake pads.

If you plan to do any track days it would probably be wise to stay away from cross-drilled rotors.

Why is that? I mean all the pro race cars seem to use cross drilled rotors

so 225 is the widest tyre you can put on the stock rims?

you don't want cross drilled rotors if you are intending to drive hard, they tend to crack through the holes (unless the holes are cast in as they cometimes are in very expensive rotors)

I have a set of r32 gtr calipers and discs for sale if ur interested.

Maybe talk to Roy on these forums abou the options

225s on the stock 6.5" wide rim will probably give you lots of sidewall flex & understeer me thinks

i used to run 225s on my R32 GTR 8" wide rims, now running 215s (stretched over the rim Jap drift style, much more positive turn in/feedback).

225s on the stock 6.5" wide rim will probably give you lots of sidewall flex & understeer me thinks

really?? cool, thats what Im after, looking for some semi slick or R-compound tyres to put on a pair of stock rims and use them only for the drag strip, some sidewall flex is always good for 1/4 mile

cant do much else with an auto. :mad:

any suggestions of what brand and type?

was thinking RT215 Azenis, but then read in autosalon that they're track tyres

errr, okay, ur needs are exactly opposite of mine! hahaha

i used to run Dunlop Formula-R D01J, now running RT215. They're both track tyres, tho the RT215 is still a street compound, not 'R' rubber. if ur gonna set aside a set of rims just for drags, and u still want to be listed under street compound, try Nittos? I think thats what some ppl use, tho I know nuts about drags :(

money permitting, would use nittos

but I dont think they come in 225s, so far Ive seen only 245s or larger

How are the RT215 anyway? know a friend using them, he said they were noisy. Do they last long?

well, i was running the D01J for a long time, so when I went back to street tyres with the RT215, my car felt so smooth and quiet !! don't really notice the tyre noise, but a friend reckons they're a bit noisy - he's using the Falken ST115. Wear wise, seems alright so far after 4 trackdays. First time I'm using the RT215, so can't comment on overall life, etc.

225's are fine on stock r33 gts-t 16x6.5" rims. i ran them on my old r33 all round, and didn't have any problems with everyday street use. can't comment whether they understeered or not, didn't take it on the track.

Nitto NT 555-R's, in 16" are available in only one size - 245/50/16. They fit on any 16" rim between 7" and 8.5" wide. That's too wide for a stock gts-t rims. R32 GT-R stock rims are 16x8s, i'd be looking for some of those or something of similar size.