SAU Community

K_D's 1989 R32 Gtr Build

k_d

• 1 year later...

So 1 yeah has been and there been some massive progress...

I washed it a few times, repainted the lower lip, made some proper bov delete plates, swapped back to the 720cc injectors and mounted my surge tank properly.

And thats it....

Pretty weak i know but i was playing with other toys.

Reinstalling the 4 channel amp and possibly going to make an airbox this weekend, wont hold my breath though.

Will post a pic or two when i get home.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Started to reinstall the amp two weekends ago, but forgot where i put the power and earth leads so i need to buy new ones. Also have ordered new battery terminals as the old ones have too much stuff coming off them now and look rubbish. Will do a tidy up of the power and earth wiring around the battery while im at it.

Next on the list will be fix a few small interior and exterior trim bits and what not that have annoyed me for too long. Oh and rego, that should be a priority.

• 2 weeks later...

Got rego finally and did a sweet dose in celebration!!!

Needs a wheel alignment and a wheel balance. Oh and time spent on the tune!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Nothing much on the update front for this, did a service and replaced the turbo oil feed line on friday night as it was leaking. Has been nice just driving again.

Interior bits and pieces are still a focus, but may need to get the rear diff rebuilt as it has developed a bit too much backlash and clunks a bit.

Tune still hasnt been done. Need a 4bar map sensor and injectors before going for more power, and probably valve springs soon after that.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yet another update (mainly so i can look back later and see what i did and when).

Spent a little bit of time on a dyno last week and only managed to compile a list of stuff that needs fixing before i go back on again. On the list is;

1. The poor old tial 38mm wastegate is just too small to control boost properly and needs to be joined by another one.

2. Need to suss out map sensor issues (jumps between 2-3 load points all the time even at constant throttle/load). Have put a filter in the line in the hope that fixes it but have not checked as of yet.

3. Knock sensors are in a land of their own (picking up massive amounts of knock all the time)

4. Wideband needs recalibrating

Didnt manage to get any full power runs in as it hits boost cut as soon as the turbo spools. The most we saw was 280awkw @4900rpm before it cut out.

Will get onto fixing stuff after world time attack weekend and report back.