SAU Community

K_D's 1989 R32 Gtr Build

k_d

• 2 weeks later...

Also did a brake and clutch fluid flush, braided brake lines, project mu front pads and new air filter ahead of powercruise which has snuck up on me rather quickly :/

• 1 month later...

Yep so quick update as i dont have any pics yet. Did 1400kms over powercruise weekend without a hitch, however the morning after i got home i noticed oil under the car coming off the front of the motor :/

Did a 100,000km service and did the crank seal to try stop id which didnt work. Come to the conclusion that the pump probably has a crack ( i flogged the absolute crap out of it at powercruise lol. might have hit 9,500 on a std motor and pump :P) or the seal is busted so im pulling the motor to do it this weekend as well as new inlet/exhaust gaskets and a bit of a tidyup of the engine bay. Will take a few pics when i do it and in the meantime ill find/upload pics from powercruise :)

Heres a few pics thanks to United Photography and Tash Williams. As you can see the campground got a bit muddy which made driving in and out fun :P

69873_151461531684394_1058998404_n_zpsda

578627_151462295017651_1121739569_n_zpsc

734617_151462045017676_277820227_n_zpsf6

D30_5830_zps0d30e4c3.jpg

• Like 1

In other news, had the motor out last weekend to do the oil pump (it was leaky after powercruise :( )

Lets just say what a F***ing pain they are to remove and install lol. Painted and tidied a few things whilst it was out though, will stick up some pics in a min!

893536_555541687811732_2086354545_o.jpg

Edited by k_d

Paint is House of Color Galaxy grey witha few different tinters and stuff to make it darker.

Lowish power due to not wanting to destroy the bottom end as its only standard. Will get new motor soon and hoping to be at the 400awkw mark :)

• 2 months later...

So been very slow on updating this :/

Im entering NSW time attack in a few weeks time so quite recently all my spare time and money has been poured into this.

Still need to get pics off camera but this is the general idea:\

Built Motor

More Boost

Removed Hicas and AC

Oil Cooler

New clutch/slave/line

few little suspension goodies including diff bushes :/

Still many many late nights to be spent, so ill get pics up when i can

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I remember now.......

Your paintjob, when i first saw it i thought, "oh wow! i have to paint my car."

Because it looks so nice.

It shows the black lip looks good, and helped me decide.

Edited by D.I.Y. Mik

• 3 months later...

1 well overdue update coming right up.

Starting where i left off, i had purchased a built motor (cp pistons, eagle rods, rebuilt head) and hastily slapped it in a few days before nsw time attack last year along with a nitto oil pump, hks cams and gears, silicone hose kit and a tonne of other stuff. Long story short, water pump shit itself as it was being loaded onto the trailer the night before it was going to the tuners. A few hours later (3am on a work night, oops :/ ) and we were back on the trailer again with the car getting hot straight away. Anyway with little care given i dropped it off to the tuners the next morning running like a bucket of shit and getting hot withing 30seconds of being started. Moral of the story, check your adjustable cam gears after torquing your balancer. One issue done, on to the next, misfire from 3krpm up. Well i did the right thing and conceded defeat and borrowed a friends evo7 racecar for the event. (Managed a best of 1.07 at wakefield first time driving the car with about 20mins seat time, i was pretty happy.)

Now i have seemed to have skipped the part where i got defected. Anyway came home one day to a wonderful letter from the rta explaining that my rego was cancelled until i got through the local rta inspection place (where imports go to die basically). So yeah that never happened and here we are 18months later with no rego still.

Few things on the car have changed. Went to e85 on the old turbo which was rooted and managed 330kw on 20psi at all 4, but it went like a cut snake which was all i cared about. Anyway i bought a motor for another car and long story short i got a ball bearing garrett t04z which i slapped on and started up the issues again. So aparently that turbo now flows alot more air than the old one and the gate is too small to cope, so boost just climbs with the revs. Also i had neglected to mention the bloke i bought the motor off had brand new head bolts put into it instead of studs. Dunno why but anyway, so thats keeping me from upping the boost at the moment.

Other mods included a wire tuck, putting the bovs back on it, power steering cooler (didnt take much to boil it at the track), adjustable front upper control arms and a few other bits and pieces. I still have a few bits and pieces here for it but have been pretty busy with work and helping other people with their shitters so havnt really had time to do much.

Anyway will chuck some pics up tomorrow, i cant figure out how to do it easily off my phone.