SAU Community

Are N/a's Really That Slow? Or Are People Talking Out Their Ass.

im defnetly going for the xr6, me being nearly into my third year of my building apprenticeship its more practical. Even though my mate who is a metal fabricator is making me a full body tray.

Ive heard that with some little investment a n/a ba xr6 can get into the low 14's. Ive found a nice one with low k's for about 13 grand but il try get him down in price. I appreciate you guys not being bias and actually telling me what is the better car to go for, for my needs that is.

thankyou guys!

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 34 is NA. I'm happy with it. It's perfect for the streets, A-B car, doesn't lag as much as your usual corollas and hondas etc. Great car to drive and I wouldn't consider it slow or fast, it's a great thing to drive if your not power hungry.

I just helped my cousin put coilovers in his 32 today, I told him when he bought them that 14kg was way to hard for street but he knew better...or he does now after trying to drive over a mountain today and giving up because it was un-drivable.

haha i have a feeling the springs in my Cusco coilovers are 16/18 Will be changing those quick smart if its the case.

I enjoyed every minute of my NA R33, I had driven a few other Na cars and my 33 was still the most comfortable and best to drive.

Very keen to see how se feels with a new set up……Eventually!!

I am with some of the other people on this thread, I don't understand the hate towards the NA's.. I personally prefer NA engines. I've got a type S r33 NA and i can have just as much fun in mine as the guys with the turbo models. They can still go to track days and get a resonably good amount of performance from them (just make sure your aircon is turned off cause that just sucks all the power from you :P)

As a car to learn on the NA's are very good, and you can always go through your P's with an NA and then go buy a gts-t or gtr once you are off your P's or convert the NA engine to a turbo or drop something else into it.

Fun sums it up well. The main reason i did a 26 conversion into my 33.

I don't hate on NAs I think there an awesome car for a p plater. Just don't trick yourself into thinking its a super car and you'll be fine and learn alot

Edited by Captain Natro

Skyline N/as arent slow, they are pretty quick for what they are. Think of it this way, 1996 r33 n/a up against a commie or falcon in its time, 1999 r34 skyline n/a same scenario, they pretty much win in both straight lines and tracks. One of my friends who owns a vz sv6 drove my car, he says it felt much more sportier and enjoyable to drive than his commie ( even though his commie pulls away at about 200m). Thats his opinion obviously, but it should give you an idea of its performance. They beat most N/as out there. People who say they are slow either f**ked their own n/a up by putting some shitty loud canon and a exposed air filter, or cant drive manual for sh**. Ba's and Vz's onwards, the n/a skyline does start to lose ground, but those cars are 4-6 years younger than the much older skyline. For a 15 year old n/a to keep up with n/as of today, is certainly impressive and shouldnt be stereotyped as slow. They are great cars, and as a fellow p plater its probably one the best cars you can own legally.

I don't hate on NAs I think there an awesome car for a p plater. Just don't trick yourself into thinking its a super car and you'll be fine and learn alot

that sums up what everyone is saying. plenty of people buy a natro skyline and think it is going to be fast because it is a skyline. they generally then start threads saying they got beaten by a commodore, etc, in the traffic light grand prix and want to know how to make it faster. plus the fact that there are cheaper cars that are nice to drive, get less police attention, and are cheaper to run. but some of them are fwd, so this turns the boy racers who have dreams of being a fully hektic dorifto god.

my personal preference for P plater cars is the SSS pulsar. the missus has one and it's great, especially with a set of extractors that really give it some get up and go compared to standard

Skyline N/as arent slow, they are pretty quick for what they are. Think of it this way, 1996 r33 n/a up against a commie or falcon in its time, 1999 r34 skyline n/a same scenario, they pretty much win in both straight lines and tracks. One of my friends who owns a vz sv6 drove my car, he says it felt much more sportier and enjoyable to drive than his commie ( even though his commie pulls away at about 200m). Thats his opinion obviously, but it should give you an idea of its performance. They beat most N/as out there. People who say they are slow either f**ked their own n/a up by putting some shitty loud canon and a exposed air filter, or cant drive manual for sh**. Ba's and Vz's onwards, the n/a skyline does start to lose ground, but those cars are 4-6 years younger than the much older skyline. For a 15 year old n/a to keep up with n/as of today, is certainly impressive and shouldnt be stereotyped as slow. They are great cars, and as a fellow p plater its probably one the best cars you can own legally.

Skyline N/as arent slow - yes they are 16 second quarters are slow

they pretty much win in both straight lines and tracks - no they don't, most v6 commos will beat an NA skyline over a 1/4 mile (don't believe me go to your local drag strip and watch it yourself)

They beat most N/as out there - what!? :dry: