SAU Community

Are N/a's Really That Slow? Or Are People Talking Out Their Ass.

Skyline N/as arent slow - yes they are 16 second quarters are slow

they pretty much win in both straight lines and tracks - no they don't, most v6 commos will beat an NA skyline over a 1/4 mile (don't believe me go to your local drag strip and watch it yourself)

They beat most N/as out there - what!? :dry:

Thats what i said, Ba and Vz onwards beats N/a skylines (195+kw/1.6tonne vs 140kw/1.4tonne obviously, ), all the commies and falcons prior to that lose, ive raced my mates vt, mates au, mates el falcon, mates vy, so many and won against all of them. Only car i didnt win was against the EL falcon xr6. Funny thing is i bet the au xr6 and kept up with a au xr8. Every other car in its time loses, and i know that for sure since ive won every race against them. Dont get me started on honda accords, mazda 3s and 6s, magnas (non vrx), camrys, bmw z4 etc, n/a beats them all. When i said it beats most N/a's out there, i was talking about all v6s and 4cyls. Theres only a few that do beat the skyline n/a and that is vrx magna, aurion, newer gen commies and falcons, civic/prelude/integra vtecs, a 150,000 dollar bmer, 370z, 350z, golf gti etc.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And all these races have time slips for proof right.... :whistling:

haha naa but just making a point that they arent slow as people say they are, its a massive exaggeration, making it sound like its slower than a yaris or something. Its not like 90% of p platers will be racing on tracks anyways, its quick in enough for our driving skill level and enjoyment, Anything faster and we'd all be dead. We're all just entry level enthusiasts after all (although alot of p plates think they are paul walker once they get their liscence). And the fact that i actually pull away from some of these n/a's is satisfying enough for me, i really wish i could give you some proof. Ill be upgrading to an evo some time this year anyway so theres nothing biased here, just trying to make a point.

3.5L v6 magna will hose a NA skyline. hell i beat a r33 gts-t at willowbank in mine. 14.8 second 1/4 with just a cat back. pretty rare to see a NA skyline get into the 14's without serious work done.

and the earlier model commodores and falcons, such as the EL and VS are actually quicker than a lot of the new models thanks to being lighter (not much heavier than a skyline, similar power, but a lot more torque). so while you may have beaten your mates, that is a small group to say that they will beat all of them everytime. for starters, someone who can get a better launch in the skyline will beat someone who gets a crap launch in the others. plus if you are in a manual and they are all autos then that will skew the results as well. manual vs manual and the skyline will lose everytime. plenty of 4 cylinder cars will keep up or beat NA skylines as well.

it's all well and good to show support for the car you love, but those of us saying that NA skylines aren't that fast are generally people who aren't green eyed skyline fans and are willing to acknowledge that in the real world, they aren't the best thing since sliced bread. in the same way that if i won lotto and was going to blow a heap of money on a car, a r35 gtr wouldn't even get test driven. i'd buy other cars without test driving them, but wouldn't even waste my time test driving one. well maybe i would simply to annoy people who dream of owning/driving one. but i wouldn't buy one

Lol. Another one of these. And more Magna love......Magna's are boring, FWD and all damaged as they are driven by people who don't like or care about cars

3L n/a supra will eat them all.

Fools in s2000's?

Oh, and my old '58 beetle. Which is sub 2 litre and n/a could beat anything up to the vx-vy 6 cyl commos...so it's not the best comparo

3.5L v6 magna will hose a NA skyline. hell i beat a r33 gts-t at willowbank in mine. 14.8 second 1/4 with just a cat back. pretty rare to see a NA skyline get into the 14's without serious work done.

and the earlier model commodores and falcons, such as the EL and VS are actually quicker than a lot of the new models thanks to being lighter (not much heavier than a skyline, similar power, but a lot more torque). so while you may have beaten your mates, that is a small group to say that they will beat all of them everytime. for starters, someone who can get a better launch in the skyline will beat someone who gets a crap launch in the others. plus if you are in a manual and they are all autos then that will skew the results as well. manual vs manual and the skyline will lose everytime. plenty of 4 cylinder cars will keep up or beat NA skylines as well.

Sorry if i sounded like a fanboy, i was just pointing out that its not the slowest n/a car in the world, not the fastet either.

My dad owned 2 magna's for the past 20 years, they're great cars (apart from those oil leaks and transmission problem at 200,000ks), a little disappointed that they stopped making them. I was looking into getting the mitsubishi galant vr4 before getting my licence, settled for a N/a r33 after p plate laws kicked in. Decided to go with the evo for my next car, wouldnt mind a gto either.

As for the cars i raced, my car is an auto as well, not manual. All the manuals i was interested in were either thrashed or turbo'd. You're right in saying the older falcons and commies are quicker than some of the newer ones, el is quicker than au's, Vn is quicker than the VZ. Ive actually witnessed races between these cars. They go so much harder off the line, however vz does tend to catch up in the long run since it becomes a all horsepower race. My r33 falls behind a vn commodore which is sad since my mate bought his VN for 900 while i paid 10k for my car. But being a owner of an n/a i can definitely say that i dont have any regrets buying my n/a r33, its served me well.

My r33 falls behind a vn commodore which is sad since my mate bought his VN for 900 while i paid 10k for my car. But being a owner of an n/a i can definitely say that i dont have any regrets buying my n/a r33, its served me well.

woah 10k for a auto na 33 is bloody expensive

woah 10k for a auto na 33 is bloody expensive

Naa maybe for a series 1 but mine is a series 2 coupe, had 50,000ks on the clock, imacculate condition, looked brand new, Came with Sparco rims and GTR spoiler. Compared to all the other skylines, it was a pretty good buy, if you look on car sales right now (as a reference) you wont find any n/a coupe 1996 onwards under 100,000ks for less than 10k both auto and manual, Maybe a 4 door, turbo'd or series 1 but not series 2 coupe. Also i bought this car 3 years ago.

Incase you think im lieing have a browse and link me an r33 with similar specs to mine (excluding the sparco rims and gtr spoiler) for under 10k n/a. =)

http://www.carsales....ge=Year:Min,Max

Edited by Deza3000

R33's aren't too bad against commo's and falcon auto's that haven't had too much work done. Mate of mine has a R33 GTS with a catback and was side by side with a 5spd VR V6 with catback. However put them up against a newer manual commo or falcon and they get creamed. Yes JZA80 Supra's are quicker than natro skylines, especially the 6spd SZ-R versions they go alright. Just putting it out there, i race at the drags regularly and have raced almost every car mentioned here.

Naa maybe for a series 1 but mine is a series 2 coupe, had 50,000ks on the clock, imacculate condition, looked brand new, Came with Sparco rims and GTR spoiler. Compared to all the other skylines, it was a pretty good buy, if you look on car sales right now (as a reference) you wont find any n/a coupe 1996 onwards under 100,000ks for less than 10k both auto and manual, Maybe a 4 door, turbo'd or series 1 but not series 2 coupe. Also i bought this car 3 years ago.

Incase you think im lieing have a browse and link me an r33 with similar specs to mine (excluding the sparco rims and gtr spoiler) for under 10k n/a. =)

http://www.carsales....ge=Year:Min,Max

you can get n/a 32's for like 5k...