SAU Community

Boosting, Misfires And Pops

ZiAzon

Okay guys, Just got myself a Turbosmart Boost Tee and upped the boost on a stock R33 GTST Sedan to about 10psi. It then started misfiring so I went out and got myself some NGK coppers 0.8mm put them in and then went for a run, at first I ran at 7psi, no misfires runs fine some popping of exhaust. then 8psi, no misfires runs fine and no popping of exhaust...., then 9psi no misfires runs really well no exhaust popping, and then 10 psi, misfire galore... and popping exhaust galore.... I checked the coil packs when they were out, and there seemed to be no hairline fractures I could see.... THen again I didn't them examine using a microscope but with my eyes, they seemed fine, gave them a give wipe down and sprayed out the boot area.

So what seems to be the problem? anyone?

Totes agreed, I have 5 yellow jackets and 1 new looking OEM coilpack. I wonder why for a while, then realised they might have died and the previous owner dropped in an OEM coilpack.

Car now is starting to develop a slight misfire on days at 0.8bar, I'm blaming those ling long coilpacks

please tell me you arent running stock ecu?

your probably hitting the stock rich and retard if its still the stock ecu

its also likely your coilpacks are dying on boost which is pretty common

but before you go and shell out for coilpacks check what ecu you are using

you cant just crank up the boost and hope it will work on the stock ecu

please tell me you arent running stock ecu?

your probably hitting the stock rich and retard if its still the stock ecu

its also likely your coilpacks are dying on boost which is pretty common

but before you go and shell out for coilpacks check what ecu you are using

you cant just crank up the boost and hope it will work on the stock ecu

We weren't going to mention R&R to this guy. Pops and misfires are different anyway. Once he had bought new coils and managed to get it to run at 10 psi without misfiring but started wondering why it was blowing black smoke and going slower than before.....THEN we would have told him about R&R.

Yea I have realised it's running R&R, going to get an ECU before I up the boost more. It's actually running quite nicely on 9psi at the moment, no problems, not even black smoke or sluggish. But before I do anything I need to deal with a speeding fine that should be coming round anytime now... Hopefully it wont hit hard...