SAU Community

Kams R32 Gtr

update time again, decided i wanted to just get it all sorted and ready to track so have stopped drifting temporarily so i can afford to finish this.

I bought a pair of 2860r -5s, bought it in a kit second hand and it come with greddy style piping etc, this come with dumps / front pipes and a few other bits and pieces, Also got a 3 core radiator, An oil filter relocation kit with oil cooler, 5 x gauges (defi copies basically) , cam gears, Gates racing timing belt kit, Tomei poncams 260deg 9.15 lift. Also got a torque splitter controller and started to install all this.

Ripped out the old turbo's and put the new ones on, match ported the manifolds to suit new turbo, got my mate to spray paint the radiator / piping all black in his booth, had some issues with the piping hitting the power steering so i took out the res and we are going to relocate that. Had my car booked in to get tuned etc, but ran out of time so the tuner is finishing the rest for me. :)

I should pick it up end of next week, Hoping for 500whp on 23-25psi, but only time will tell, i am hoping it is much more responsive once it is done. will update with power output once retuned :)

Pic time

IMAG0180.jpg

in the paint booth

IMAG0315.jpg

All the new bits ready to go in

IMAG0323.jpg

Old turbo's coming off

IMAG0329.jpg

old turbos gone

IMAG0359.jpg

Match porting manifold

IMAG0405.jpg

Starting to put new turbo's on

IMAG0410.jpg

car up on hoist in my mates workshop, makes doing the turbo's so much easier

IMAG0413.jpg

All bolted up, you can see that there is absolutely no room for the power steering res in its stock location.

IMAG0427.jpg

All done, just need to connect the intakes.

IMAG0442.jpg

Starting to rip out the interior for the gauge installs,

486886_257435187727521_1854536375_n.jpg

Cams + Cam gears installed :) , I have a clear cam cover going on as well

More updates coming soon

What sort of oil control setup have you got planned for the track? Interested to see the graph for the -5s

+1

btw - when you take pics turn your flash off - cause da glare is shocking in those pics :yucky:

Noted on the pics, stupid phone, thanks.

In regards to oil control setup, I have a N1 oil pump, Autech Catch Can, I have also just put in a 13 row oil cooler under the passengers side headlight and a relocated oil filter for easy access. Have oil pressure and temp gauges to watch as well. Going to change my sump to a gated sump before i do any serious track work to keep the oil in the middle of the sump

Any advice or input on this would be appreciated as the last thing i want is to blow my engine due to oil starvation :)

Hey guys, Update time again, Dropped it off to my tuner (DVS tuning) to finish the car for me

Installed Tomei type B Cams

Installed Gates Racing Cam Gears

Installed Gates Racking Timing belt

Installed -5's Turbo's

Installed Gauges (also changed my Air fuel to a wideband Air Fuel Gauge)

Installed Torque Splitter Controller

Installed and mounted oil cooler and oil filter relo

Installed Autech Oil Catch Can

Relocated Power Steering Res.

Got it all tuned up as well,

334kw @ 17psi - 670nm

361kw @ 22psi - 770nm

Cant run anymore boost cause the exhaust maxing out its flow, Need to go bigger front pipes / cat. Also had issue with the Z32 AFM's and Power FC and idling with the New intake pipes. Ended up going to map sensor and upgrading to Adaptronic Select ECU, Also took out my HKS EVC4 Boost Controller to sell and am running boost through the ECU. Selling these parts i dont need now will offset the cost of the ECU.

Pretty happy with the tune, The car comes on VERY hard and hits full boost at about 4.2k (22psi) and pulls all the way to redline 8200rpm. Took it for a spin to Mt Panorama on Sunday. Was wet, very sketchy in the wet.

Plans for future now.

Change Front Brake Rotors and all 4 brake pads (purchased DBA 4000 slotted rotors and intima pads)

Fix Rear Left Wheel bearing

Install Hicas lock bar and re align

Take off Z32's and pods which are not being used now, Already purchased K&N pods and will make piping up to it.

Make new Airbox Around Pods and paint, Paint Piping and catch can black.

Invest in some decent new tyres, Thinking Toyo R888 or Nitto NT01's

Get a carbon fibre rear lip wing for rear.

Roll Guards Slightly to stop scraping

Make a metal plate where ashtray was to mount boost switch as well as Torque Splitter controller.

Re register, due again soon

Later on down the track upgrade exhausts and injectors and retune with E85 and 98 (Flex Tune)

The list just keeps growing.. anyways more updates soon.

IMAG0524.jpg

IMAG0541.jpg

IMAG0594.jpg

964082_10151613547978851_353561366_o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Few updates :)

Put a carbon fibre N1 lip wing on the back, to help break up the rear. I think it looks good, what do you all reckon.

IMAG0776.jpg

Got pulled over, cop thought my GTR was nice and watched to check it out, no fines / defects, few things he requested i fixed like putting my airbox back in etc before he pulled me over again (small town so he will). was a really nice guy, didnt mind me taking some pics :)

IMAG0781.jpg

bought another R32 GTR cheap, i dont wanna put km's on the yellow one much, has 71,000 original km's, The white one has a blown head gasket 110k km, and the turbo's are a bit questionable, I am ripping apart the head to make sure its all good, replacing gasket, upgrading turbo's to N1 internals, gonna put coil overs and better wheels ofcourse, then put my old PFC in it and just enjoy it. this will be my GTR i wont mind putting km's on... will probably get my spray painter mate to give it a lick of paint sometime as well. Ill put up a full mods list etc in the future..

INSTEAD of starting a new thread this tread will now have progress of both cars.

IMAG0738.jpg

IMAG0747.jpg

Took the car to the local 1/8 mile drags. Tyres REALLY let me down, best time i could get was 8.40 with a 0-60ft of 2.1 which is only a little bit quicker off the line then my drift car, When i launched under 4k the car bogged down, when i launched over 4k there was 4 wheels spinning. no happy median, I am going to get some new tyres soon and give it another crack. Thinking toyo R888's. Pretty sure with that i will get into the 7 high 7s.

So after about 6 runs i got bored of not being able to get grip and decided to embrace it. hit 2wd mode and thought i would have a crack at power skidding the whole 1/8 mile. and i ALMOST made it before i gripped out. Please see attached clip.

Also some happy snaps.

GTR_drags_1.jpg

GTR_drags_2.jpg

GTR_drags_3.jpg

Last pic, Put my go pro on the back of my car at dark to see the flames i have been told my car shoots. Attached is a still from the video :) looks awesome in my opinion.

GTR_Flame.jpg

more updates to come soon :)

• 6 months later...

Bought GT-R, doesn't want to rack up kilometers - buys 2nd GT-R, yellow one sits in shed.

I'd probably do the same though ;)

He sold the white one, had too many things to be fixed from memory.

He is running E85 in the yellow one now, I forget everything else he has done though haha.

Figured it was time he came on for an update though :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...