SAU Community

La Ferrari F!50 Supercar Revealed

The side profile looks nice, but I'm not a fan of the front. I'd like to know whether the power of the electric motor and petrol motor can actually be added like that. It seems a lot of the websites are doing that with these new hybrid hypercars, but is that actually how it works? i.e. will the electric motor and petrol motor be providing power simultaneously or will it be a mutually exclusive setup?

I'd take an F40 over that anyday....given it has a much more appealing classic bodyline and is the last thoroughbred supercar made by Ferrari.

5610247594_e3d273f8eb_z.jpg

Do not like the lines of the new one, especially how the wheels are way to close to the end of the boot.

Heck, I'd take a fully worked Supra or R32 GTR over the new Ferrari.

I'd take an F40 over that anyday....given it has a much more appealing classic bodyline and is the last thoroughbred supercar made by Ferrari.

5610247594_e3d273f8eb_z.jpg

Do not like the lines of the new one, especially how the wheels are way to close to the end of the boot.

Heck, I'd take a fully worked Supra or R32 GTR over the new Ferrari.

Be madness to take those over the new Ferrari. Whether you like the looks or not! Edited by jangles

The only time I would like to see a Ferrari or a Corvette is in the rear view mirror of my R32 GTR :D

Although I respect them as super cars, I not a fan of either Ferrari or Corvette :down:

I'm a fan, first decent looking car they've put out in ages. Above view isn't its best but I'm really loving it from a front three quarter angle.

ferrari_100420854_l.jpg

A mate at work worked on it too so that gets it over the line in my book.

Zonda's definitely up there as one of my all time fav designs too, much nicer than the new huayra

• 1 month later...

This Ferrari looks like it has too much of everything, lines, angles etc. I would definetely take it if it were given to me but if I had the money and was going to buy a Ferrari it would be the F40 hands down. The F40 has character and the turbo lag we all love so much. :wub:

New Ferrari looks great. F40 is winning. New Vette looks like a fast and furious Ferrari 599 with R35 front guards. Zondas will always be cool.

I dont fully unserstand the hybrid petrol + Electirc = exactly the two figures added. I could understand the engine/motor producing the least power helping and adding a bit, but it just makes sense that the motor with the most power would over run the one making less. Even in that, the motor producing less would still need to at least keep up with the one making the most or it would be holding it back right? Maybe I should click the link and read the article?

reading that just made my head hurt.

think of it this way. if a young guy's car breaks down and he decides to push it out of the way of traffic, and then he gets help from an old man, it will still be easy to push with both of them, or harder for just the young guy buy himself. having the old guy pushing the car as well isn't going to make it harder to push just because he isn't as strong as the young guy.

as for adding engine power for 2 engines, it really is that simple. of course if they were to use some sort of weird transmission system to join the engines then the resistance of that may alter the output values, but if the electric motor simply drives the wheels directly, or is attatched directly to the crank shaft then it will be transferring all of its power.