SAU Community

Things That People Do At The Gym That Piss You Off

GTR_JOEY

Righto I noticed that there is nothing like this on the forum yet..(unless I'm blind)

And I need a place to vent :D

The First thing that really pisses me off is when people drop the dumbbells. Had a guy dropping them from head height after doing some shoulder presses.. IF you can not lower the weight under control... DON'T F&UCKING pick it up!!!

People trying to do ridiculous amounts of weight on bench press where it's obvious that they wouldn't be able to move it without the help of the guy behind them.. The spotter is there to help a little bit.. Not do half the weight for you

I can think of so many more but ill give you guys a chance to express your frustration :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got heaps of complaints. Mainly stuff ive heard

"I really yeah want big arms and chest" yeah I good luck with that.

"I wish I had abs" your diet doesn't suggest that.

Then theres people who squat massive weight with a really small range of motion.

I worked with this one guy who had a massive upper body and couldn't see any reason to do leg work. He also let me know how keen he was to use roids to get big.

People that superset, but leave their shit on the equipment they are not currently using, but then go and have a drink for 5 minutes, go to their toilet, talk to their mate on the other side of the gym etc....

also people that stare at me during bench press

People nowhere near a piece of equipment, with no stuff left there either...who come and say sorry mate I was using that. No you weren't, if you were using it you'd be on it.

People who awkwardly stand near the equipment you're using, waiting for you to finish instead of asking you how long you have left. You can feel them touching you with their eyes. I tend to do an extra set when this happens.

Oh and guys who come up to me when I am using a piece of equipment and ask me how much longer am I using it for, especially lat pulldown. Can you not wait 2 minutes?

People doing 140 pounds on lat pulldown machines who let the stack slam down at the end of their set (usually short people). It takes NO effort to use your own bodyweight to slowly release it. If I can do it with 250 pounds on the pin, you can do it too shorty.

also people that stare at me during bench press

How would you know this? You should be cocentrating on your press... Unless they re standing over you while they state of course haha

been a very long time since I went to a gym however , being told by bodybuilder types and PT's that I was going to hurt myself when I was doing heavy leg stuff - machine work (leg press/hack/ donkey) or freeweight squats .

Some safisfaction in making them feel inadequate as they watched but, usually it meant I was doing a few extra reps to rub it in and that would throw out my routine.

People who are shouting when doing isolation work like bro-cep curling.

been a very long time since I went to a gym however , being told by bodybuilder types and PT's that I was going to hurt myself when I was doing heavy leg stuff - machine work (leg press/hack/ donkey) or freeweight squats .

Some safisfaction in making them feel inadequate as they watched but, usually it meant I was doing a few extra reps to rub it in and that would throw out my routine.

People who are shouting when doing isolation work like bro-cep curling.

I agree there is no pain that is unbearable when working such a small muscle

How would you know this? You should be cocentrating on your press... Unless they re standing over you while they state of course haha

no when I sit up to rest I see them.

I don't have a spotter, have no friends

I agree there is no pain that is unbearable when working such a small muscle

Also people who put neons on skylines, who aren't scifi fans imagining they are in a spaceship.......... thats a legitimate condition.

(in the gym or anywhere)

no when I sit up to rest I see them.

I don't have a spotter, have no friends

I also have the issue of no spotter friends, it would help to motivate me to work harder as I know I am pretty lazy.

No one would look at me doing bench press at a gym however. Your spotter would be of double value as you could have a spotter friend spot staring goofs for you and tell them where to go.