SAU Community

Super Sprint Day - Lakeside Park - 11/05

t5iv

Event:
Super Sprints at Lakeside Park

Description:
This is a super sprint day. Finally a day to put your money where your mouth is. Put up or shut up. Bring your game face for at least 3 sessions of 6 laps at Lakeside Park. Fully timed laps and the ability to really prove your abilities. Game?

This is a full track day.

There will be practice laps from 9:30am through 12:00pm. This will allow you to get used to the track and really understand your vehicle through every turn and damn kink on the track.

We will then break for lunch and smack talk.

At 12:30, we will be briefed and then onto the track for our laps. We've been promised at least 3 sessions of 6 laps.

Date:
Saturday, 11th May 2013

Time:
Be there by 8:45am for a 9:30am start. We don't want anyone holding us up now, do we?

Cost:
We've been able to organise a sweet deal with the guys from QR.

$150 for members
$175 for non-members

This has been ridiculously well priced. When you consider that the open sprints alone are $175. You're getting a 3 hour practice + 3 sprint sessions for $25 less. Bargain!

There are only 15 spots available.

From today until the 11th of April, we will only be releasing this event to you guys on a first in, best dressed basis. If you reserve a spot but haven't paid and submitted your entry form by the 11th of April, your spot is fair game. Not only that, from that date we will be opening this event up to other clubs as well. Whether it be the Supra, BMW or aus300zx boys, they will have the opportunity to claim any unpaid spots.

So if you want to guarantee a spot, get your dollars in!

Requirements:

• Completed Entry Form and Money paid by due date.
  • Helmet
  • ABS & SRS systems may be disconnected at the driver's option
  • Drivers must wear non-flammable clothing that fully covers the body from ankle to wrist to neck
  • If vehicle is road registered or road registerable must meet the roadworthy requirements of Qld Transport
  • If vehicle is not road registerable it must meet the applicable Racing Car standards below
  • Fire extinguishers, when fitted, must meet AS1841 standard and be secured to ensure they cannot injure the driver in the
  • event of an accident.
  • Tyres must be fit for purpose, not recut or retreaded, and be fitted to rim widths that comply with the Tyre and Rim
  • Association manual and/or ADR requirements
  • Rear facing red lights for use during rain must be fitted.

Are you guys ready? Let the smack talk begin!

SAUQLD - Super Sprint Day - LP - 1105.doc

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Payment Details:

Name: Skylines Australia Queensland Club
Bank: Westpac
BSB: 034 063
Account Number: 354 012
Payment Reference: user_name sprint day

Please do not send cash in the mail, for obvious reasons!

Entry Form shall be posted shortly

List of Attendees:

• mrbenno PAID
  • Sabbai PAID
  • Boiracer PAID
  • Cadmoon PAID
  • Smity42 PAID
  • Just_racing PAID
  • sneakey_pete PAID
  • mattis96 PAID
  • MumSlayer PAID
  • Toddls PAID
  • HiveFleetAbyss PAID
  • GregR31 PAID
  • sutty PAID
  • B-Boi34 PAID
  • Nismo32 PAID
  • animan PAID

Reserve List (to replace any attendees who can't make it):

• Beelzebubbles_89
  • R34Dave

Is that "shicane" they set up going to be apart of the lap now?

Don't believe so because

I believe that is only for happylaps to slow us down around the back.

^this.

Happy laps is meant to be just a drive, so they put the chicane in there to slow you down. Sprint day shouldn't have it and I'm 99% certain that we can remove it.

Few cars at happy laps last weekend that would break that then. Best bet would be to ring them mate, they were running a sprint session after we finished and a few of the cars in that were damn loud.

If your car exceeds the noise restrictions they will try to help you rather than kick you off, i.e. they will give you steel wool to shove in your muffler, etc. If that doesn't work they may ask you to not use full throttle or something like that to keep the noise down.

As long as your car is remotely near street legal noise you'll be OK. If you have no mufflers at all or a loud screamer pipe, you won't be.

I think they are a ~95-98 db at 30 metres track.

I remember them mentioning it when i was there a few weeks ago.

My car has an Apex N1 Pro (3-3.5") with no cat excpet when its a must (Yes i know.......it keeps destroying them, and it is a track only car)

So its not stupidly noisy but makes a decent racket.

I never had any trouble at all.

But yeah straight pipes and ext. gates and your done i think.

Cheers

As mentioned in the post, we will be opening this up to other clubs in the 11th of April - four days away.

If you want to secure your spot, get your cash in or PM one of the Execs/committee members to see how we can accomodate you. :)

The guys focussing on this are myself, @@Miss-R34, @@Cadmoon. Other execs will be able to help as well.

Edit: Hey hey. Entry forms are up. :)

• 2 weeks later...