SAU Community

R33 Stock Bov Flutter Sound - Whaddaya Reckon Of This?

chilzzi

When I was a kid I used to cut up the lids of margarine tins and put them in the spokes of my pushbike.

It would make this noise when i rode and I'd get so excited, it was like having a real motorbike....

So I guess, putting a coke can in your BOV is kind of like having a real race car yeah....

• Like 1

No ? Well, you go ahead and flutter away and just dont come back crying when your core bearings and compressor blades are all stuffed. lol

I've probably owned more turboed cars than you, I've never ran a BOV and I'm still not runing one.

I'm still not crying.

You f*#@Kin idiots..... The 'flutter' sound is called compressor surge. it is NO GOOD for your compressor blades, it slows down your turbo from spooling in between gears and in worst cases, f*#ks up your compressor blades.

Sometimes when people get too ambitious with sizing their aftermarket turbo and get the housing sizes wrong, or over fueling at idle because they didn't reconfigure their fuel map properly after they fit a bigger turbo, compressor surge OR 'flutter' is the result.

The whole purpose of having a BOV is to release the excess boost so it doesnt slow down your turbo in between gears.....its for response.....WTF would you sacrifice response for a sound ?????? fu*kin idiots

Man, I really wish these kids learn about the fundamentals of engine mechanics before they make a total dick of themselves or worse, totally ruin their cars.

Nothing you said is correct. Perhaps you should learn the fundamentals of 'engine mechanics' before you make a dick of yourself.

That, or nice troll lol.