SAU Community

GT4 Prologue - thoughts/comments

Jamezilla

As some know - I'm a tad ill at the moment, and thus couch-bound.

What better way to help with feeling crap - than a new Gran Turismo game!

Have done the green/orange/red/blue licences - and a couple of the purple ones, but now keen to get gold in all to score the wacky bonus cars (green licence is some wierd 2-seater concept dildo thing). Not much racing done as yet - but enough to know that if it were real, I would have killed a few Italian racing fans and be lying in a crushed Evo at the bottom of the Grand Canyon by now. :)

The car control feels more realistic - can 'shake' the car out of control more so than GT3. Fun to do to the SL55 :) Not sure about the sound for the R34... but by golly that Benzo sounds nice. Favourite so far is the ITR - they have the VTEC switch spot on!

Background graphics are very impressive. Car detail looks much the same - but some of the new cars look pretty good. The Cali-rice Celica is very nice. Haven't got the M5 yet though... anyone know which test you win it?

The bonus DVD is pretty good - looks like the real game has Ferarris and Porkas in it... as well as the Mines R34 and the R-Tune Nismo R33 :)

Overall - a pretty sucky 'game' but a good 'driving skills' trainer. I've already improved my lap time around Tsukuba a fair bit. As Snowman suggested the other night - perhaps we should have an SAU leaderboard for lap-times? There's an R32 and R34 so far - so either of those could be good....

J

Guest INASNT

I went to buy a copy today but both stores were sold out!!

Is ot worth the $60?

When the full version meant to be out?

been playin the jap version for a couple of months now, and overall I think the game is not really any improvement over the last. I'll stick to my highly modified GT3.

btw i still have ur card man... i want mine back cause i cant read japanese like ur ones saved in... plus i had more cars and my Dorifto setup RX7.

next meet i will bring urs.

hey can u use any USB printer? or do u have to use a Sony PS2 one if there is one?

Alright,

I finished all the licences in about 5 hrs and was a touch disappointed initially to discover that this was basically the whole game. I thought there was going to be at least some normal "Gran Turismo" modifying, racing in it but it seem not.

The MAIN challenge of this game is going to be getting all golds in the licences - I can see by the empty spots in the arcade garage that there are still more cars to come obviously from winning all golds in the 5 licences plus another for all gold in the coffee breaks (those things suck ass!) I initially thought you were going to get the extra cars from getting a certain number of "points" (There is some points total for no apparent reason) but I now have like 17 golds so Im thinking it has to be for getting all golds in each licence catagory.

I think the 5 courses are awesome, cars handle really well but on some of them (see R34 GTR) the gear changes SUCK (must be that crappy getrag gearbox! haha!), the rallying is much tougher, and the whole if you hit another car you lose thing really teaches you to drive better.

Getting some of the golds I can see as being near impossible so thats my only concern (like getting past the spoon s2000 in NY in one lap!). But overall I've come to appreciate this game for what it is - but I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed until the real GT4 comes out.

And James - still no M5 concept yet :)

The hairpin on Tsukuba gold is killing me.

I can get silver @ 19.9... stupid game :)

(like getting past the spoon s2000 in NY in one lap!).

Oh yeah. I hate that guy. Keep slapping into the back of his car and failing.

The rally golds will keep me going for years. Colin McRae i'm not :)

Hmmm - so where is the M5?

Hope it's not the 'all gold' car :)

nah thats a '97 lada with plow

im not going to buy the prologue (saving my money for City Of Heroes :D) so i'll just wait til full comes out and have my fun then

James - apparently the M5 is all gold in the orange licence.

Oh - and I want to KILL the Prius. That is one really stupid car to have in a racing simulator. Can't wait til the real GT4 comes out and I can stick a stage 3 turbo on it and flatten the battery in 100m! :D

Haha.

Have you got the Triathalon car?

toyota-mtrc-show-side-02-350-244.jpg

Oh - Damn you Dox!

Best in-game Lada was Ivan the Bastard's 2109 monster-truck sedan in Camageddon!

The_Bear.JPG

And in the new PC game 'Stalker' - lookie at what you can buy:

niva.jpg

:D

Its all rumour and speculation as to when its going to be out BUT the good oil says that the whole reason why there was the delay is because EA Sports lisence agreement with both Porsche and Ferrari runs out on Nov 1st - so GT4 will be released just afterwards as both companies WILL be in it this time.

This story is kinda backed up by the fact that the prologue comes with a "making of" DVD which contains both Ferrari and Porsche in real life cars.

Its all rumour and speculation as to when its going to be out BUT the good oil says that the whole reason why there was the delay is because EA Sports lisence agreement with both Porsche and Ferrari runs out on Nov 1st - so GT4 will be released just afterwards as both companies WILL be in it this time.

This story is kinda backed up by the fact that the prologue comes with a "making of" DVD which contains both Ferrari and Porsche in real life cars.

nice, will have to watch the dvd.

No more of those RUF cars.

hmmmm F50... :drooling:

yummy.... i aint going to be able to wait that long so i guess i will go get a copy of the pre-release then.

Nice hint Dox :rofl:

The M5 is pretty good fun - the V10 sounds very F1.

Like Snowy said - the vid has 360, 355 and 348 in it...

But by golly that 10-lapper for the McLaren is killing me :D