SAU Community

Transgo Shift Kit In M35

ECR33_RB25DET

This is now waiting on more takers.

It's a difficult situation, as most existing owners have already done the mod.

Being that your "late to the party" relatively speaking; you'll have to keep pushing other owners to get it over the line.

Is Craig organising the Transgo shipping?

I noticed some eGay sellers in the US are able to remove the parts from the stupidly oversized box. If this is the case and shipping prices come down to a more manageable level I would be interested in buying a few kits.

Slightly off the purchase topic, but i spoke to the blokes at MV in Adelaide. They were under the impression that this mod was not a great way to spend money? They also said the 5spd box had little difference where as the 4spd made a significant difference (not in the NM/PM).

Is this them speaking from a data point of view, not an owners point of view? The box is pretty terrible with response, i can only imagine it would be worse supporting more mods.

I was getting all keened up to put this on the "to do" list but now im not so sure, from this thread there seems to be a pretty strong sense of money well spent.

Slightly off the purchase topic, but i spoke to the blokes at MV in Adelaide. They were under the impression that this mod was not a great way to spend money? They also said the 5spd box had little difference where as the 4spd made a significant difference (not in the NM/PM).

Is this them speaking from a data point of view, not an owners point of view? The box is pretty terrible with response, i can only imagine it would be worse supporting more mods.

I was getting all keened up to put this on the "to do" list but now im not so sure, from this thread there seems to be a pretty strong sense of money well spent.

Take this from someone who has no financial benefit to be made, This is the best money you will spend on your M35. As I have a 5 speed auto. It changes the way the gearbox reacts completely. Much faster shifts. Less slop etc. It still won't shift instantly when you have it in manual mode, but every other aspect is made better.

This is them talking our of there arse. I've done the V35 S1 and 2(both had improvement), 350Z(improvement), PNM35 and NM35(improvement) and the R51 Pathfinder(improvement). For $600 and a 2-3 hour turnaround its a great upgrade and considering we don't have the luxury of a manual in the NM35 I'd take what i can get over standard. Personally after I did the upgrade I was shocked at how it transformed the way my car shifted. If your going to tune with this gearbox just about every tuner who knows what there doing will not tune unless the gearbox has been kitted as it will start to slip from about 220AWKW's on. Not to mention that most of our cars are up over the 100km's mark so you should be doing a service as well.

On a service just trying to change the oil you will get our in-between 3-4 lt.'s. When i'm doing the Shift kit I get out about 7.3-4 lts out of the 8lt's that comes in it....not to mention all the filters get a clean and flush.

Well its pretty hard to argue with that kind of backing! Spose ill need to book the bus in for a Tansco shift kit!

This group buy, im assuming its only to NSW so id need to ship it to SA. Will it be cheaper to get MV Auto to get the part in and fit it?

Well its pretty hard to argue with that kind of backing! Spose ill need to book the bus in for a Tansco shift kit!

This group buy, im assuming its only to NSW so id need to ship it to SA. Will it be cheaper to get MV Auto to get the part in and fit it?

Frankly, I'd avoid MV altogether, it's not the first time they've been off the mark with NM/PNM 35 advice.

I'm not doubting their ability, just with our car specifically.

Frankly, I'd avoid MV altogether, it's not the first time they've been off the mark with NM/PNM 35 advice.

I'm not doubting their ability, just with our car specifically.

^^ This.

Unfortunately they have no clue with the RE5. Speak to Kewish automotive if you want info, they built mine twice and learnt a LOT in the process. I blew mine on the dyno at 180kw due to overheating and not enough pressure on the clutches.

First mods should be a trans cooler then the shift kit imo. At least then you know the box has all new synthetic fluid.

Unfortunately the stag is my only means of transport so having it off the road for a long period of time isnt really a viable option, and no, me and tools dont have a very good relationship. Appreciate the offer.

Thats why i was after some local knowledge, so i can drop off and pick up same day if possible.

As far as the kits go, am i best to order through yourself Jetwreck or find a local supplier?

Unfortunately the stag is my only means of transport so having it off the road for a long period of time isnt really a viable option, and no, me and tools dont have a very good relationship. Appreciate the offer.

Thats why i was after some local knowledge, so i can drop off and pick up same day if possible.

As far as the kits go, am i best to order through yourself Jetwreck or find a local supplier?

Try DRW Automatics down at Lonsdale, I believe they've installed the shift kit in an NM35 or two.

(i've had them do work on previous cars and never had an issue with their work)

Edited by TCO