SAU Community

Walbro E85 Pump, Is Mine Genuine?

Hey guys I purchased a walbro e85 pump last week from a local shop. The pump didn't come in a proper packaged box, he reckons they don't fit the normal walbro box which is a bit odd now that i've seen my friends pump because his clearly came in a white box. The pump it self looks genuine to me, I'm just questioning if the fitting kit i got is the proper one. I've noticed that i'm missing butt connectors and my fuel hose seems to be shorter then a lot of the ones pictured. My main concern is that the hose breaks down over time if the shop made their own fitting kit and didn't use the right parts.

post-17409-0-02410400-1368776750_thumb.jpg

(strainer not pictured)

That type of material is made to sit in the fuel tank. I have seen it used before. Does anyone know where to buy them separately or what they are called?

Cant tell if the pump is genuine though. Why don't you post a clear picture of the pump itself out of the box instead?

I dont think that 400LPH pump has been copied yet.

Precision Engine Components they are an online based store but i went direct to their showroom. Forgot to ask you last time we spoke, did you use a worm clamp around the body of the pump to secure it inside the r32 gtr cradle. I noticed a lot of people doing it on bosch pumps.

No clamp needed

I put that big round rubber thing that came with the pump over the body and put it in the stock location in the cradle, use the big 45degree sock it came with, that will sit flat in the tank and you won't have a problem with fuel surge

For reference, here is my Walbro 400lph pump that i purchased from KudosMotorsport and it came in a Walbro box with fitting instructions and plug, rubber hose and clamps and a fuel sock. Looms very similar if not identical to yours.

ayaGz74.jpg

Edited by iruvyouskyrine

Yeah that is the E85 pump. The differences between the two are serial numbers, E85 (F9000267) and standard (F9000262)

And the E85 pump has sealed connectors as you said

walbro-400lph-E85.jpg

Whereas the standard has spade type connectors and isn't sealed.

walbro_400lph_kit.jpg

have any of you guys managed to block up your fuel filter since going e85? i put a brand new one in before i got mine tuned, now my afr is running a bit lean and i'm trying to think of all the things that could contribute to this.

Cheers

has been on the dyno twice and has cycled through many tanks and been running fine for few months on e85. The only thing i did differently was use the braeside united station as oppose to clayton one off princes highway, however the flex fuel sensor still reads between 78-80 as per usual. My sensor/ecu calibration seems to read a bit lower then what the actual ethanol content is, been like this since day one. I don't think the actual fuel is the issue anyway