SAU Community

Gran Turismo 6

I'm really enjoying the game so far, it's exactly what i expected keeping with tradition of all the even numbered GT's. At first i didn't think the physics were much different but then i got to something rwd and launched it, and it felt really good as both rears lit up. It seems like they have dumbed it down somewhat though, i'm number national b and havn't had much trouble getting gold on everything, sometimes first go on a track that i have never driven before.....in older GT's i would really have to work for some of those golds.

Overall i would say it was totally worth the 14.4 Gb download :ph34r:.........loving the super fast startup too.

Oh also the first GT that i can buy the exact same model of car that i own....89 GTR...loving that.

Edited by Gza36

It's definitely too easy. Golds on the first drive of almost every test. Same for Goodwood and the Mission races or whatever they're called. All you have to do is stay on the road for a gold. It all feels a bit Gen Y "everyone's a winner". If you wanted golds on all the licences in previous games, there was always some you really had to work for. Not any more.

AI is worse than ever too. It's never been a strong suit of GT, but easily winning races with a car more than 100PP under the limit and on worse tyres than allowed is a bit OTT.

If there's no challenge, what's the point in playing? I'm a bit over it already unfortunately. Went back and did a couple of the latest GT5 Seasonal event races instead. They've been pretty challenging lately.

I had an AI car stopped on the racing line at the exit of the cutting on Mt Panorama for 6 out of 10 laps... I went back and watched the replay, and it crashed all on its own, and got stuck there. Wasn't until another AI car rear ended it coming out of the turn that it was able to get going again........ The AI engine appears to be drunk.

Can't you buy 89 GTR's in most of the other GT's?

Apparently there was (at least in GT5 anyway) i don't recall ever seeing it, i must have had about every one bar an 89

It's definitely too easy. Golds on the first drive of almost every test. Same for Goodwood and the Mission races or whatever they're called. All you have to do is stay on the road for a gold. It all feels a bit Gen Y "everyone's a winner". If you wanted golds on all the licences in previous games, there was always some you really had to work for. Not any more.

AI is worse than ever too. It's never been a strong suit of GT, but easily winning races with a car more than 100PP under the limit and on worse tyres than allowed is a bit OTT.

If there's no challenge, what's the point in playing? I'm a bit over it already unfortunately. Went back and did a couple of the latest GT5 Seasonal event races instead. They've been pretty challenging lately.

This ^^^

Yeah I've been finding it pretty easy as well. Hopefully it will get harder in the higher categories, but its a bit stupid having a car 100pp under the limit for the race, and being able to fly past every other car in a single lap. Generally if I lose a race its because I made some stupid mistake on the last lap, and with how easy it is to build a large lead you can spin out and come to a complete stop, and theres a good chance the AI wont catch up before you start moving again.

Looks like I'll save my money then.

Haven't played GT5 for over 6 months now, been getting back into PC simracing again. How anyone can suggest that the GT games are in any way a simulation is beyond me. Arcade games at the very best. Bling does not an accurate simulator make.

Looks like I'll save my money then.

Haven't played GT5 for over 6 months now, been getting back into PC simracing again. How anyone can suggest that the GT games are in any way a simulation is beyond me. Arcade games at the very best. Bling does not an accurate simulator make.

seems like you havent seen a Grid or Need For Speed game lately...

I hear people say this, and yet large companies use GT for other pourposes. Which leads me to believe its not so bad, I think it drives great. And I'm sure it will get harder as you progress. The AI is wierd, but also less forgiving of your dick head moves when you dive around them.

Was the Grid / NFS comment intended as a comment on the quality of PC gaming? (You're right - have not played either of those - last NFS I played many years ago was pure arcade - not sure if that's changed)

Don't get me wrong - I don't pretend that just because something is a PC game makes it a good sim. However, the only proper-ish sims I've played have been PC based (RBR, GPL, Rfactor 1&2, IRace).

I have to admit that the GT stuff can be fun, but the lack of realism very soon has me getting bored and looking for something more engaging.

Was the Grid / NFS comment intended as a comment on the quality of PC gaming? (You're right - have not played either of those - last NFS I played many years ago was pure arcade - not sure if that's changed)

Don't get me wrong - I don't pretend that just because something is a PC game makes it a good sim. However, the only proper-ish sims I've played have been PC based (RBR, GPL, Rfactor 1&2, IRace).

I have to admit that the GT stuff can be fun, but the lack of realism very soon has me getting bored and looking for something more engaging.

not quite, was more in comparison to real arcade games...

any driving game that attempts some sort of realism can be put in the simulation category

what is grating on my nerves more and more is the way the races are set up as though the other cars have already had their own private qualifying so are all lined up on the grid from fastest to slowest usually one car that is miles faster than everything else, so in order to overtake all the other cars and beat mr vettel out in front you need a car that is also miles better than all the other guys. it was ridiculous in some of the GT5 seasonal events and it seems as though they have just continued on..............i say bring back qualifying and then reverse grid, and put more thought into the cars on the grid and make them much more even...it would work wonders for the game.

• Like 1

Agree with how easy it is to get gold's everytime and get out in front....with a controller.

The whole game changes with a steering wheel and pedals. Becomes much more precise

and you actually have to pay quite a lot of attention to what you're doing. Try it with a wheel

and you guys might be surprised.

Agree with how easy it is to get gold's everytime and get out in front....with a controller.

The whole game changes with a steering wheel and pedals. Becomes much more precise

and you actually have to pay quite a lot of attention to what you're doing. Try it with a wheel

and you guys might be surprised.

^^ Exactly. For a comparison, jump into arcade mode, grab the M3 GT and drive a proper race track with it. It is amazing how good the car can be, and how good the sim can be. One slip though, and you're in a world of hurt - as you would be in real life. I have found the early stages of the game (licences etc) tedious and easy as suggested, but hopefully unlocking it to the point of playing proper cars like in arcade mode will redeem it. The Pagani Houyraoursouroursouaroureou is just stupid though, as an aside.