SAU Community

Gran Turismo 6

that is really cool Bodo.

May have to get you to build one for me ;)

thats nutz! I like it but I agree with Bodo that screen may be a bit over the top. But awesome setup mate.

Now to find a racing seat

Any nice car seat will do. The lighter the better, as it is by far the heaviest part of it all.

lol, nice. Maybe a slight bit of screen size overkill? nice looking rig there man.

Ive moved my PS3 to another room, so I dont have to kick the wife out for a few days:)

thats nutz! I like it but I agree with Bodo that screen may be a bit over the top. But awesome setup mate.

Now to find a racing seat

bloody hell! Crank that surround sound up! And just wear a helmet you'll be right from the incoming objects

Thanks dudes - The screen is a great size for big blockbuster movies and party gaming (Wii / WiiU / Kinnect etc), but yeah, it's a bit of overkill for racing sim. I play Gran Turismo, iRacing and Rfactor on it, and the only thing I would change would be the height of the Sim rig in comparison to the screen. If I could get the whole rig 12 inches higher or so, it would be fine. But you find yourself looking up at it a bit in it's current state. Still, it's awesome fun just the way it is, so I'm in no hurry.

Also, I'm slightly embarrassed to say there is a photo getting around of me sitting in it playing GT5 with my helmet on...

• Like 1

been playing it for last 2 hours,

not too bad, very similar to gt5.

not a big fan of the new menu layout

heaps more rims to choose from and can change the sizes of them. modification to engine etc are still the same and very basic, would of liked more detail towards mods

a few more exterior mods are available aswell

driving wise nothing too different and cant realy tell if the sounds are any better

Also, I'm slightly embarrassed to say there is a photo getting around of me sitting in it playing GT5 with my helmet on... 

Not entirely sure why you'd be embarrassed about that..... I'd do it all the time.

• Like 1

Mt Panorama is as good as I was hoping. Not spectacular, but better than any other version before it (Shift / Grid etc) ... The shadows and signage across the top of the mountain is glitchy for me though, did anyone else notice that?

Have played it for a couple hours today, its good but at the same time its really only a minor evolution of gt5 imo. Car physics are a bit better, but tyre noise is just as bad as it was before, and engine noise doesnt seem noticeably improved to me. Graphics look a bit better than GT5, but its not a huge improvement. Apparently theres an update coming that will improve the sound, but im not holding my breath.

Mount Panorama track is very close to reality imo, I lived there for a few years and drove the track a lot, they have pretty much nailed the elevation changes and the general feel of the track. I would say that the lighting they have gone for makes it seem a bit wierd though, it feels like there should be more shadows on the road or something. They also forgot to put in the HWP car parked on the side of Conrod straight :P

I'd say if you loved GT5 and want more of the same, or havent played GT5, then GT6 would be worth it, but otherwise it may not really be worth it.

Not sure what other retailers are charging for it btw, but i picked it up from Big W for $68 for the standard edition

I got it from big w today too. Haven't played it too much but agree with the 2 posts above. Tyre squealing is kind of realistic though. Tyres do squeal quite a lot in real life when tortured.

Only have 1 car so far, so can't comment, but I have a good surround system, do didn't find the gt5 sounds that bad. Especially when you take into account that the sounds change with different views, just like they would in real life. A car sounds different from the front, back and inside the cabin in real life, so it makes sense they should in the game too.

Tire squeal is better. Throwing a 35 GTR into forest elbow and they protest :)

I drove Bathurst in January. They've nailed it. Other than previously mentioned lack of shadow. Car sounds in general are better. But the 32 gtst sounds a bit crap. Suburas soundsuch improved.

i have driven a few cars that dont sound half bad like the toyota 86, old ford GT40. engine and valvetrain noises are still too over the top and seem to drown out the exhaust noise when in the cockpit. im pretty sure all you hear in a car with race pipes is the sound of glorious blood gushing out your ears..

sounds aside, theres definately a change in how the cars handle and feel. it feels more 'busier' than before or sort of 'squirmier', lol. i think thats a good thing?

menu is awsome

used car dealer gone is awsome

larger diameter wheels is awsome

having to turn traction control off every time is beginning to be a pain in the ass

occasional frame-rate lag on replays

disappointing that the mods are basicly the same

getting alot of glitchy shadows in game.

180 cones!? gtfo

i have driven a few cars that dont sound half bad like the toyota 86, old ford GT40. engine and valvetrain noises are still too over the top and seem to drown out the exhaust noise when in the cockpit. im pretty sure all you hear in a car with race pipes is the sound of glorious blood gushing out your ears..

sounds aside, theres definately a change in how the cars handle and feel. it feels more 'busier' than before or sort of 'squirmier', lol. i think thats a good thing?

menu is awsome

used car dealer gone is awsome

larger diameter wheels is awsome

having to turn traction control off every time is beginning to be a pain in the ass

occasional frame-rate lag on replays

disappointing that the mods are basicly the same

getting alot of glitchy shadows in game.

180 cones!? gtfo

agreed, although the traction thing is only once per car.

farkin lawl!

So gonna try that when I get home

Cheap timber fold out saw horse works well too. My friend uses one for his, and it slides neatly infront of an arm chair

Also I'm really liking the new menu, the ability to change cars on the fly whenever I want is good.

Still haven't setup the wheel, as the lower hp cars don't need it lol

need, no. More fun, yes :)

PSN names guys!! Resnort is me

yup, this is the PS3's GT4....which is not a bad thing.

Main thing I'm glad about is that the cars are a bit more unpredictable, and a bit tail happy......still no Fortza crazy drift everything. but nice.