SAU Community

Gran Turismo 6

Yeah there is nothing wrong with dlc content. It is a good way to stop games going stale before the next one comes out.

I very much agree about not needing to have 50 different mx5s or gtrs, when they then leave out the gtst and gtt. Just put in the base spec and the top spec and leave it at that. No need to then put in ones from every different year they came out.

As for sounds, I doubt that announcing improved sounds will be at the top of the list.

Dlc is fine and I understand that you will always have dlc on big games that need fixing. But you had to PAY for the extra cars in gt5. You could be right about the car concepts not being released to public so they couldn't add them to the game disc though.

Forza 4 came with a second cd for free. A lot of ps3 games give you dlc for free.

I guess forza reminds me of a game i used to play in school called live for speed

Forza 4 has more buyable DLC that GT5 if you wanna be picky about it. In all the years of GT5 there has only been a hand full of DLC, most of which I bought as it comes with cool cars but more importantly more tracks. Some DLC cars were free as promotional things.

patch fixes for games isnt DLC, DLC is optional.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/buy.aspx :P

mind=blown thanks for clearing it up haha

forza made the turbo, cams, supercharger etc have an affect how the car handles and the power/torque in the rev range. I only noticed this with the turbos on gt5

Having the mods fairly realistic would be great, eg bigger turbo on a standard car wouldn't run right etc.

mad082 sound would be at the top of the list for me. I'd like to do a car up and not have it sound a rotary on full noise in forza, gt5 did an alright job with the sound i thought

I'm not a big gamer so i could be wrong, again :P

I don't know why, but driving in GT3 - GT5 hasn't felt right..... I can't put my finger on it exactly. But Grid felt alot more like you were driving a real car. Like I said I've never been able to put my finger on exactly what it is.

Anyway, Will probably get GT6 anyway, provides a few weeks of fun before it becomes to easy or your left with just the enduro races lol

I don't expect it to be to much different to GT5, but hoping they add some nice new feature. Hell it'd be better if you werent spending 3 hours navigating the menus because of the damn slow load times

I don't know why, but driving in GT3 - GT5 hasn't felt right..... I can't put my finger on it exactly. But Grid felt alot more like you were driving a real car. Like I said I've never been able to put my finger on exactly what it is.

Anyway, Will probably get GT6 anyway, provides a few weeks of fun before it becomes to easy or your left with just the enduro races lol

I don't expect it to be to much different to GT5, but hoping they add some nice new feature. Hell it'd be better if you werent spending 3 hours navigating the menus because of the damn slow load times

The slow turning? Most racing sims I've played turn the wheels left-right a lot quicker than the gt series.

I dont know if its so much an issue with the handling. More so an issue with how stiff the camera view is or how stiff the car looks/feels. Like I said, hard to pinpoint exactly

If you haven't seen the E3 2013 Trailer

If you look back at the PS life cycles, PD have always released 2 GT games per console.
  • GT1 released in '97 - 3 years into the PS1 life cycle. PD's first full on racing title (They did make Motor Toon GP and Motor Toon GP 2 in '94 and '96)
  • GT2 released in '99 - pretty much at the end of the PS1 life cycle - two disc game pretty much showed off the PS1 at full tilt and PD also cashed in on the success of GT1
  • GT3 released in 2001 - pretty much at the start of the PS2 life cycle
  • GT4 released in 2005 - technically at the end of PS2 life cycle (even though the PS2 stopped selling in Japan as of 2012) - pushed the PS2 to the limit
  • GT5 released in 2010 - 4 years into the PS3 life cycle - although it should have been a launch title
  • GT6 releasing in 2013 - pretty much at the end of the PS3 life cycle. this is what GT5 should have been...it seems PD had been constantly working on this when GT5 came out (since Kaz is a perfectonist and I beleive he was pushed by Sony to release GT5) - seems to show off what the PS3 can do when pushed to the limit

I know that Kaz has admitted that a PlayStation 4 version of Gran Turismo 6 is under consideration as Polyphony has a next-gen version "in mind"...following their MO over the last three consoles then it will be GT7 and most likely come out sometime in 2014-2015. At least coding wise it would be a lot easier to work off the PS4 than the PS3.
The other that Kaz has said that he would love to do another Tourist Trophy game (remember the PS2 game which was basically a bike version of GT) but he fears that GT will pretty much consume PD and be constantly pushing GT games

Edited by BigDirtyJase

I had noticed this too. So by that theory GT6 should be the finished awesome product that GT5 should have been. They are some impressive videos coming out of E3 for it. But the footage (pre rendered or not) of Fortza 5 looks so much better (as it should for the next gen console).

THE CREW looks good too. All this has made me look forward to the next gen of graphics and awesomeness....and realise I need to upgrade my comp

See when it came to Foza 4...to me it was just Forza 3 with a slight update (all the car models looked the same from FM3 to FM4). Forza 5 looks nice but the Xbone is out for me for the moment

The Crew looks good but need to see how the MMO part will work out (cloud saves and stuff like that)

You have to remember Sony's other first party studio Evolution Studios is releasing Drive Club as a launch day title and I guess PD doesn't want to steal their thunder (which would be the first competitor for Forza 5 on next-gen) and Drive Club looks good and sounds good too

See when it came to Foza 4...to me it was just Forza 3 with a slight update (all the car models looked the same from FM3 to FM4). Forza 5 looks nice but the Xbone is out for me for the moment

The Crew looks good but need to see how the MMO part will work out (cloud saves and stuff like that)

You have to remember Sony's other first party studio Evolution Studios is releasing Drive Club as a launch day title and I guess PD doesn't want to steal their thunder (which would be the first competitor for Forza 5 on next-gen) and Drive Club looks good and sounds good too

forza 4 is the only one ive ever looked at or played personally. so to me its all good....other than the crash damage. I'll stick with my no damage GT and wheelie bin thump crash noises :). and It's extreme need to drift and fry tires, its a little over the top. But very fun all in the same.

I'm Very keen on drive club, but i'll still be playing GT6 for years to come. I love my G27, Ive done more km's in it than my actual car :wub:

the cars in GT5 feel like its not the tyres are pushing the car foward but a force behind the car, you can really notice this if you drive the on a cambered corner and the car will just drive the way the fronts wheels are turning like you are just going around the corner with no wheelspin even if you are in a 800hp car getting wheelspin in 6th, no sideways action at all.

I hope the physics is a new system and not just a tweaked version of GT5 because its got big problems, no way will you be able to tell till you can play the game tho.

also Forza 5 can gtfo because its on Xbox One and i don't want to buy another console, only got my ps3 and xbox 360 because my brother sold them to me for $100 each.

edit: http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-demo-coming-july-2-with-gt-academy-2013/

demo coming July 2

Edited by driftnick13