SAU Community

Crate Engines

looking at getting an engine rebuilt but also considering a new engine as everything is new, an quality should be good, would like the engine to be able to handle 400kw atw without babying it at all.

I guess most people have made this decision, an have done alot of research so your thoughts would be appreciated

i see just jap sell the N1 spec for 15k

tomei do the advanced spec for bout 20k plus getting it here

not sure who else does one. not sure if the n1 would handle the power i know the tomei would.

an the n1 spec engine has a 34 diff, n i got a 33, though also need a new clutch n gear box, so probably wouldnt be a massive deal. though the 34 gear boxes seem to be around 9k instead of 3k.

There is nothing special about an N1 spec engine. Total waste of such a large some of money. All that money for a standard stroke crank?

Rips is a good option if you want a 3.0. With the Yen how it is ATM, the Tomei (2.8) might not be THAT bad...

os giken 30 and 315.

tomei.

and places like rips, spool, etc...

if you have the coin, go for it.

if not, maybe 2nd hand with an inspection from your trusted engine machinist?

There is nothing special about an N1 spec engine. Total waste of such a large some of money. All that money for a standard stroke crank?

Rips is a good option if you want a 3.0. With the Yen how it is ATM, the Tomei (2.8) might not be THAT bad...

Yeah $15K for a N1 RB26 is a bit steep.

Although it has very high potential, there is cheaper and just as good, if not better out there.

As Racepace can build a Stage 1 engine that can handle up to 400kW for $10K.

Can you tell me how race pace build a 400 kw motor for 10 k ,what parts do they use ,as it sounds cheap does that include labour only reason I ask is a good oil pump alone is 1600 dollars,

Can you tell me how race pace build a 400 kw motor for 10 k ,what parts do they use ,as it sounds cheap does that include labour only reason I ask is a good oil pump alone is 1600 dollars,

They take your existing RB26 and rebuild it from bottom up.

For a quick run down:

Block / Head machined to Racepace specs / Strengthen / Blueprint Block similar to N1 specs.

Block is bored, honed, decked, crank tunnel line honed to Racepace specs.

Modified oil / tap / water galleries, fit threaded plugs / welsh plugs.

Pistons / Piston Rings / Conrods / Crankshaft are a mixture of OEM (Racepace Modified) / N1 / Nismo / Custom.

They use a Nissan N1 Oil Pump (Modified) even though a lot of people talk shit about N1 Oil Pumps, Racepace make it work.

Cylinder Head: Replace valve guides / stem seals, cut seats, face valves, match chambers, surface, re-shim valve clearances to RPM specs

Modified Combustion Chamber Shape.

Labour is included.

That is a great price for that sort of money,I have heard they do a lot of R/D on certain standard parts i have been in Bens personal black r34 gtr as it is now in Perth it goes hard and seemed very reliable ,plus the engine bay looked completely stock,

That is a great price for that sort of money,I have heard they do a lot of R/D on certain standard parts i have been in Bens personal black r34 gtr as it is now in Perth it goes hard and seemed very reliable ,plus the engine bay looked completely stock,

Yes, that's correct about the R/D, so they know what parts work well together.

I remember that black R34 GTR, it's so nice!

Yeah $15K for a N1 RB26 is a bit steep.

Although it has very high potential, there is cheaper and just as good, if not better out there.

When you look at it, they really are an N1 block, slightly different pistons (still cast), N1 water and oil pump. Just to add insult, it's still a standard stroke crank.

If you're going to be spending all this money, you'd have rocks in your head not to go some sort of stroked engine.

When you look at it, they really are an N1 block, slightly different pistons (still cast), N1 water and oil pump. Just to add insult, it's still a standard stroke crank.

If you're going to be spending all this money, you'd have rocks in your head not to go some sort of stroked engine.

And just to add, it does not come with turbo's either...