SAU Community

Auto Play Ads With Audio

While I completely understand that advertising is what pays for this forum to run, video Ads that auto play are pretty much the most annoying thing in the history of the internet.

That bloody KFC ad that is on the main forum page loads is complete crap and actually puts me off visiting SAU.

I'm sure people will think I am just a winger but I figured i'll raise the issue any way.

if everyone blocks ads, we lose the forum's main form of income, so we all have no SAU.

Love the ads. Click on them sometime.

You don't want to know what it would cost to run a forum this big each month :(

download pload adblock.

i have no adds on sau at all.

While I completely understand that advertising is what pays for this forum to run, video Ads that auto play are pretty much the most annoying thing in the history of the internet.

That bloody KFC ad that is on the main forum page loads is complete crap and actually puts me off visiting SAU.

I'm sure people will think I am just a winger but I figured i'll raise the issue any way.

We use ads in as conservative a manner as we can, which means that animated banners are ok, but auto play videos or audio is not ok.

I'll bring this up with our ad guys, we're pretty specific about what we allow and occasionally others slip through. Thanks for raising it.

And, please don't install adblock. :(

download pload adblock.

i have no adds on sau at all.

Thanks for the support ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah the ad supplier has a strict no auto-play, no fullscreen policy also and they were already aware of it when I reported it.

Definitely let me know if it happens again.

Thanks mate, I'm definitely on the we need ads to pay for our forum team, just can stand the audio starting up at will.

Yeah the ad supplier has a strict no auto-play, no fullscreen policy also and they were already aware of it when I reported it.

Definitely let me know if it happens again.

Will do.